Japan - Country Unique Emira Specs / Differences (エミーラ日本仕様)

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just to differentiate between "defects" and "design". Is this all? Any more? I'll update this table as things get fixed...
「不具合」ではなく「日本国内販売車両の仕様」をまとめておきます。他にありますか?適宜更新していきます。

Area / 領域
Difference / 差異箇所
Status / 状況
Comments / 備考
ElectronicsTracker option not availableclosed (by design)Country unique specification
日本はサービス対象外
ElectronicsHomelink option not avvailableclosed (by design)Country unique specification
日本はサービス対象外
ElectronicsSOS button does not existclosed (by design)Country unique specification
日本はサービス対象外
ElectronicsNative SatNav not workingclosed (by design?)Dealer says licensing issue, but who cares if CarPlay or Android Auto is working.
ライセンスの問題という説明を受けたが実際は分からない。スマホがあるので実害なし。
ElectronicsBluetooth Connection for Apple CarPlay not workingopen (pending response from UK)workaround: use USB cable
とりあえず有線で。
ElectronicsBluetooth Connection for Android Auto not workingopen (pending response from UK)workaround: use USB cable
とりあえず有線で。

Last edited:

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Two apple carplay exist.

I drove 1600km last week, so I had it checked and updated to the latest firmware.
Since then, I have been trying Yahoo Maps and so far it has not frozen after about an hour of continuous use.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Two apple carplay exist.

I drove 1600km last week, so I had it checked and updated to the latest firmware.
Since then, I have been trying Yahoo Maps and so far it has not frozen after about an hour of continuous use.
You mean, Bluetooth connection for CarPlay exists and works?
お?ブルートゥース接続ができるようになったということですか?

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You mean, Bluetooth connection for CarPlay exists and works?
お?ブルートゥース接続ができるようになったということですか?
No, it does not work wirelessly yet.
There used to be a hang-up when using anything other than Apple Maps.

I checked with the mechanic at the dealership, and he said that there are sensors and computers in the emira that are not yet in use, and that these functions may become available with a firmware update.

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No, it does not work wirelessly yet.
There used to be a hang-up when using anything other than Apple Maps.

I checked with the mechanic at the dealership, and he said that there are sensors and computers in the emira that are not yet in use, and that these functions may become available with a firmware update.
Ah, ok. You mean the unstable USB connection "defect" is fixed now. Good news !
有線しか使えないのにそれが不安定、という最悪の状況は脱したということですね!あとは無線接続が出来るようになるのを待ちましょう。

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For some reason I can't edit the original post at the top of this thread anymore, but we should add the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) to the list. I have a feeling this is not going to be fixed anytime soon, as it will require one of the following:
  • TPMS in the EMIRA becomes 315MHz band enabled (Japan market specific receivers are fitted, or 315MHz/433MHz dual band receivers are designed, sourced, and fitted to the Global model EMIRA)
    全世界統一仕様を目指していたという割にはなんだかダサいな... そのまま VOLVO の部品が使えないのだろうか?
  • Japan regulations are changed to allow 433MHz band TPMS and the TPMS transmitters are reverted to the original 433MHz spec (impact analysis for 433MHz band usage has only begun in 2023, expect a long and slow process)
    これは期待できませんね。

総務省「433MHz帯タイヤ空気圧モニタ及びリモートキーレスエントリに係る技術的条件」の検討開始について ==> https://www.soumu.go.jp/main_content/000879936.pdf

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For some reason I can't edit the original post at the top of this thread anymore, but we should add the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) to the list. I have a feeling this is not going to be fixed anytime soon, as it will require one of the following:
  • TPMS in the EMIRA becomes 315MHz band enabled (Japan market specific receivers are fitted, or 315MHz/433MHz dual band receivers are designed, sourced, and fitted to the Global model EMIRA)
    全世界統一仕様を目指していたという割にはなんだかダサいな... そのまま VOLVO の部品が使えないのだろうか?
  • Japan regulations are changed to allow 433MHz band TPMS and the TPMS transmitters are reverted to the original 433MHz spec (impact analysis for 433MHz band usage has only begun in 2023, expect a long and slow process)
    これは期待できませんね。

総務省「433MHz帯タイヤ空気圧モニタ及びリモートキーレスエントリに係る技術的条件」の検討開始について ==> https://www.soumu.go.jp/main_content/000879936.pdf
Virtualmacho: What is the frequency commonly used and approved for TMPS for other imported cars in the Japanese market? Do you know? (It sounds like we have to wait for 433MHz to be tested and approved.)

OP
virtualmacho

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Virtualmacho: What is the frequency commonly used and approved for TMPS for other imported cars in the Japanese market? Do you know? (It sounds like we have to wait for 433MHz to be tested and approved.)
Since the 315MHz band is the only one approved for this purpose, I can only assume that the other cars (both domestic and imported) have it built-in or are modified upon entry to Japan.