James bond Esprit?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There is a place in the UK where there is a whole new level of stupid. It is Rufford Ford in Nottinghamshire. It is unbelievable how people watch others destroy their cars and then go and do the same to their own vehicle. The uploader has a whole library of similar videos.

Even though it is not too far away from where I live, I don't think I will be going there in the Emira!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There is a place in the UK where there is a whole new level of stupid. It is Rufford Ford in Nottinghamshire. It is unbelievable how people watch others destroy their cars and then go and do the same to their own vehicle. The uploader has a whole library of similar videos.

Even though it is not too far away from where I live, I don't think I will be going there in the Emira!
Some of those idiots MIGHT have been able to get away with it if they'd driven into the water s l o w l y, and slowly driven through. It's when they plow in and completely submerge the front of the car that water gets into the intake tube, and congrats, you're an idiot.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The ironic thing is that if they just took it slow, most of them would have made it.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe Elon Musk owns the original one from the Bond movie
That is true.
Rumors of electric eel power aren't.
The original Tesla Roadster was reportedly based on Lotus Elise.
Musk famously launched his personal Tesla Roadster into space about 4 years ago as part of a rocket payload test.
You might say it was a star-studded event.
A new Tesla Roadster is coming in 2023. The limited Founders Edition is astronomically priced.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not just reportedly based on, the majority of each Roadster was built by Lotus at Hethel.

Matt Windle left Lotus to join Tesla to work on it, then re-joined Lotus afterwards.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not just reportedly based on, the majority of each Roadster was built by Lotus at Hethel.

Matt Windle left Lotus to join Tesla to work on it, then re-joined Lotus afterwards.
Did this all come together for Matt, with Lotus charting an electric future and he had Tesla street cred?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That was certainly a big factor. He worked on the product roadmap when he returned to Lotus, just as Geely took over, and that was a key element of the Vision80 strategy.

More here: