• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Is your dealer using appropriate protection?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw this photo taken at Stratton Motor Company in the UK and it raised some questions for me.

440318115_10168583230610640_186335683636510393_n.jpg

These folks are clearly going the extra mile to take excellent care of their customers' vehicles.

Are any of our local Lotus dealers taking the same level of care? Are norms different for this in the UK vs the US?

In particular... has anyone in the US seen the hands-on care practices being used in their local dealer context?

Post up, share your own experiences. Thanks!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm pretty sure it is good practice for the technicians to work completely naked too (or maybe a lycra body stocking in these modern times?), so that no errant belt buckles or whatnot can scratch anything.

PS: the air duct cut-out on that apron makes me wonder if it is for an Evora. Either way, if it is plush and wooly/felted on the other side, then top marks to them.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm pretty sure it is good practice for the technicians to work completely naked too (or maybe a lycra body stocking in these modern times?), so that no errant belt buckles or whatnot can scratch anything.

PS: the air duct cut-out on that apron makes me wonder if it is for an Evora. Either way, if it is plush and wooly/felted on the other side, then top marks to them.

I believe that cut out is for the fuel door.

• Brilliant
Reactions: ADC

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw this photo taken at Stratton Motor Company in the UK and it raised some questions for me.

These folks are clearly going the extra mile to take excellent care of their customers' vehicles.

Are any of our local Lotus dealers taking the same level of care? Are norms different for this in the UK vs the US?

In particular... has anyone in the US seen the hands-on care practices being used in their local dealer context?

Post up, share your own experiences. Thanks!
That's my dealer so yes! :)(y)

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just hope I dont have to find that out.

But probably will

Vampyre

Reaction score
I would like to see this more often. I doubt most repair shops do this.