❔ QUESTION Is it possible to delay delivery by a few months? (Australia)

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Awkward question, but is it possible to shift back delivery a bit?

I’m #68 in the queue in Australia, with estimated delivery to Melbourne around October. It’s looking as if the new garage won’t be completed by then (to a good standard at least). Ideal delivery would be in December.

Should I just bide my time and assume further delays perhaps? I’d ask my dealer but they’re a bit clueless as to exact shipment dates.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You can probably get your build delayed. But with everything going on and lots of variables I’d be inclined to wait. Then worry about temporary storage if it arrives before your garage is ready.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Am with Tom. The car might be later than you believe so storage costs, or borrowing a friend's garage, won't be too painful.

Worst scenario is Lotus mucking up you new delayed slot OR the world going awry, with things such as parts availability, and suddenly you are looking at April..

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awkward question, but is it possible to shift back delivery a bit?

I’m #68 in the queue in Australia, with estimated delivery to Melbourne around October. It’s looking as if the new garage won’t be completed by then (to a good standard at least). Ideal delivery would be in December.

Should I just bide my time and assume further delays perhaps? I’d ask my dealer but they’re a bit clueless as to exact shipment dates.
I understand that those who purchased an Emira in Australia will be emailed with updated forecast delivery dates shortly.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I understand that those who purchased an Emira in Australia will be emailed with updated forecast delivery dates shortly.
I’ve already been advised late July or early August delivery. The cars are arriving in batches to make up 120 cars all up of V6 FEs in Australia all up, with a target delivery date for all by end December.

The first 10 cars will arrive early Mid July which are dealer demo cars. Plus 20 customer cars in August unless things change.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m surprised they’re still on track for July for Australia, given no customer cars have started build yet, first UK customer deliveries start in July and shipping will presumably take several weeks.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m surprised they’re still on track for July for Australia, given no customer cars have started build yet, first UK customer deliveries start in July and shipping will presumably take several weeks.
I was only informed this on Sunday, unless it’s a load of BS. Realistic date to me would be mid to end August. 4 to 6 weeks on the boat plus 2 weeks at the port to clear best case scenario.