Interesting Lotus Elise FE video

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting from a Lotus ownership proposition (wrongly or rightly). Hopefully old and not Lotus New Dawn era.
And his road trip goes from Southampton to Hethel to my house! Well not my house... but Chatsworth house just down the road from me

Last edited:
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh and it makes me laugh everytime he complains about the paint colour in his videos. Yes he chose it, but says it looked nothing like the online configurator 😉🤣

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Oh and it makes me laugh everytime he complains about the paint colour in his videos. Yes he chose it, but says it looked nothing like the online configurator 😉🤣
It was built by big Dave at Lotus, didn’t want to come into work that day has he heard it was popular to go off work with COVID type symptoms but when he did stroll in that morning it was via the cafe for a coma inducing breakfast.. halfway through the build he got bored and went in his phone to play candy crush 😜

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As a first time lotus buyer I sure as hell hope the Emira has better build quality than shown in this video!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As a first time lotus buyer I sure as hell hope the Emira has better build quality than shown in this video!
I’m sure it will be, the investment in automated production and Volvo/geely parts will reflect a better build. I didn’t think the pre production car was badly built, better than I expected.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I’m sure it will be, the investment in automated production and Volvo/geely parts will reflect a better build. I didn’t think the pre production car was badly built, better than I expected.
That is pretty shocking on a FINAL Edition Elise. They have had a while to iron out issues with that one 😆

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That is pretty shocking on a FINAL Edition Elise. They have had a while to iron out issues with that one 😆
Perhaps they should but Bob (quality control) was too busy swiping right on tinder.

Last edited:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can relate to everything that was highlighted in the video, except the comments about the stereo, and that is because I have never used the RGB's stereo. :LOL:

Seriously, the Elise & Exige are only fit for driving if you are out to enjoy the drive, not to commute from A to B. However, there are a few die-hards who use them as daily drivers, so guess it does come down to how committed one is. I certainly wouldn't use one as a daily driver.

Emira is quite a different proposition, which means, if Lotus are really aiming at poaching (ex-) Porsche owners then they will have to dig deep, and, judging by what we have seen of the Emira, they certainly have done that.

Here is the 'missing part' from this chap's road-trip:

Lotus’s Legendary Gavan Kershaw THRASHES My Elise 240 Final Edition on Track Vs Series 1!

Last edited: