Votes: 51 40.8%
  • Trackday

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • Weekend car

Votes: 67 53.6%
  • Winding roads

Votes: 57 45.6%

• Total voters
Daily driver that is worthy of the odd track day.
Also possibly my living quarters once my wife sees the final bill for FE spec, plus wrapping / PPF, on road costs, insurance, etc 😬

Clicked on Weekend and Trackday. Will be selling my 08 "60th Anniversary Edition" Elise SC when I get the Emira. I do 4-5 trackday's a year and can only hope the Emira is as fun as the Elise!

Also possibly my living quarters once my wife sees the final bill for FE spec, plus wrapping / PPF, on road costs, insurance, etc 😬
Now that’s hilarious!!!!

I told my wife that the car costs $125-130K, which overestimates actual cost al in by approximately $10K. Having eased her in, I think she will appreciate my shrewd negotiating skills when she learns what a great deal I got! 😉

You got it all wrong. Tell your wife the following:

1. Emiras are rare. This is an investment like the stock market, gonna be worth a lot of money in a few years.

2. When I drive it, the car makes me feel... grrrrrrrr. Watch out when I get home honey!

3. I want you to drive it too on... February 29

4. It's an exercise and stretching machine. I have to bend over and wash it frequently keeping me limber. Watch out honey!

5. It's gonna be in the next James Bond movie and you are my bond girl!

:love:

I think it will be good for making quick runs to the grocery store. See most efficient route below... ;)

1641139170110.png

I am going to have to start being honest with myself. I got into a new Camaro about 8 years ago and hated it because it felt so closed in. Then I wondered about getting an Evora while I wait for the Emira until I sat in an Evora at the dealership. Too small. I don't like small cockpits and I feel somewhat claustrophobic in them. The Emira didn't feel so closed in but it's still small. Saying that, I believe the more I think about it the more the Emira will be a track car 75% of the time. To cruise or go on adventure trips I think it will be too small for my tastes. Obviously this can change because I have never owned a car this small nor have I owned a mid-engined car before. I don't mind beating it up on the track, this car is gonna get used. And, I am by no means a tall person, it's just a general feeling I have about small spaces. Don't like riding the gondola at ski resorts either.

EDIT: Anyone feel the same way? Did you change over time and get used to it?

Dailey drive with as many track days that I can get to, plus drive master social events

Back