I'm Doing My Due Diligence This Weekend

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think they were comparing it to a Cayman GTS 4.0, and in that sense I'd agree the Emira has more character and occasion. I would also agree that your 911 GT3 provides much more drama; it's geared better than a Cayman, revs to 9k, and is an entirely different chassis which leads to a much different driving experience.

I personally think the Emira provides maybe 80% the drama of a GT3 for 50% (or less) of the cost. Others will disagree, but I find it a decent value. Subjectively better looking too!
I think they were comparing it to a Cayman GTS 4.0, and in that sense I'd agree the Emira has more character and occasion. I would also agree that your 911 GT3 provides much more drama; it's geared better than a Cayman, revs to 9k, and is an entirely different chassis which leads to a much different driving experience.

I personally think the Emira provides maybe 80% the drama of a GT3 for 50% (or less) of the cost. Others will disagree, but I find it a decent value. Subjectively better looking t

I agree too. Green, we need to compare apples to apples.. the gt3 is realistically what, 2x as much?! This care is compared to the boxster/cayman platform and thats the Porsche he was referring to.
Ok sorry when Porter said Porsche it was pretty general. I do agree EMIRA is a sexier car but it is more like a GT car.

OP
R

RoryBellows

Reaction score
My credit isn't good enough to take the GT3 they had out on a drive. They did let me sit in it though and it did have a manual. It was silver over a black mixed black alcantara and leather interior with blue stitching throughout.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My credit isn't good enough to take the GT3 they had out on a drive. They did let me sit in it though and it did have a manual. It was silver over a black mixed black alcantara and leather interior with blue stitching throughout.
I think you made the right choice. Cayman/Boxster never appealed to me. Emira is way better looking in every way. :love:

Subw00er

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's hilarious. Porsche dealers are doing credit checks before test drives?! Probably a hard check.

bluemyself

Reaction score
This whole ordeal has got me looking at used 718 GTS cars to see if I can fill the gap until I can even see what I can order, let alone place an order for an Emira (having only put a deposit down a few weeks ago). Does anyone have any advice for the purchase process of a 2018 718 GTS? Anything I should be looking for? Any recommendations for a place to do a PPI in the SF Bay Area?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not discounting the Emira in anyway but I strongly disagree. Clearly you have never experienced a GT3. It is like driving a monster and has drama for days. The Emira compared to driving a GT3 is childs play. Sorry its the truth.
Yep sorry, I was referring to the 718 platform, in this case a GTS 4.0. You could add an entire Emira worth of price on top of a 718 GTS 4.0 and still not be up to the MSRP of a GT3. It's hardly equivalent.

OP
R

RoryBellows

Reaction score
That's hilarious. Porsche dealers are doing credit checks before test drives?! Probably a hard check.
No. I was making a joke. I cant afford a GT3. The salesman was actually quite cool and walked around with me for a bit while I checked out cars I had no intention of getting.