How do you use your G-Meter?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I believe during one of the prototype videos I saw a screen of a G-Meter. I am interested in how people use this feature in their cars. Even if you just like to play around with it and watch, whatever, interested in how people are using these.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe during one of the prototype videos I saw a screen of a G-Meter. I am interested in how people use this feature in their cars. Even if you just like to play around with it and watch, whatever, interested in how people are using these.

It's a gimmicky feature to make owners feel like their in a F1 car. Unless it has playback feature, it's completely pointless, even on track. My GTI has various sport gauges and one is a g-meter. I guess it's cool to put on the screen for passengers to look at while throwing the car into corners...?

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's a gimmicky feature. Unless it has playback feature, it's completely pointless. My GTI has various sport gauges and one is a g-meter. I guess it's cool to put on the screen for passengers to look at while throwing the car into corners...?

Will the Emira have a playback feature? And what does the playback feature gain you? A history of how you performed in certain corners?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Will the Emira have a playback feature? And what does the playback feature gain you? A history of how you performed in certain corners?

Not sure if we'll have playback. We have very little information about the "Track Mode HMI / TFT Display" offered with the Lotus Drivers Pack.

I like the playback feature on boost gauges so you can see what your peak psi boost was. You can typically reset the peak and test in various gears and temperatures to ensure you're hitting max boost and not over boosting (typical in colder weather). Oil temp and oil pressure are other good ones to monitor as well as air/fuel ratio.

G-meter might be cool to see how many lateral gs you're doing in certain corners, but I don't know what you'd really do with that info... Maybe get better tires if it's less than expected? It just seems silly.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
G-meter might be cool to see how many lateral gs you're doing in certain corners, but I don't know what you'd really do with that info... Maybe get better tires if it's less than expected? It just seems silly.

This was my thinking when I first experienced a G-Meter. I wondered if track focus people could use it somehow. My thoughts were it's just for entertainment as you stated.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve had it before it was useless. Even when driving on track I’m not looking at it. It may be useful if it keeps some history for reference after a hard run.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
If she moans then the dot moves to the left

How about if she complains about your driving or ::gasps:: any time you do something remotely fun with your extremely capable sportscar?

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
How about if she complains about you driving or ::gasps:: anytime you do something remotely fun with your extremely capable sportscar?
I think that was what Nick was implying. Go faster and the whining eventually stops out of fear

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
And with your g-meter you can measure the point where whining switches to fear. This point is known as the so-called g-spot. I think we answered the OPs question now.

I guess my question was answered! The G-Meter is a very useful gauge and it works on humans too!