Hi Lotus. Start Over. #Redo

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi. Yes, Lotus folks read this.

I think a few folks would vote for a start over in the US.

Like “Hey we had this down based on Evora sales and we didn’t anticipate this strong of a desire. So in an effort to get it right ahead of our IPO we are going to use our mulligan and start fresh here.”

Then go back, sharpen the pencils, do the work, get the data down, align marketing with communication, and go again.

Huddle all the US dealers, let them know, swing them a few nuggets, and go again.

A redo. A fresh start. Why not?

A delay? OK that’s not too bad. Most people in the US are already confused on delivery dates.

Embarrassing? OK maybe, but not a good look currently.

You’ll do right. More people will be happier than sad. You’ll sell more cars. You’ll make more money.

#ForTheMulligan

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Like “Hey we had this down based on Evora sales and we didn’t anticipate this strong of a desire. So in an effort to get it right ahead of our IPO we are going to use our mulligan and start fresh here.”

Then go back, sharpen the pencils, do the work, get the data down, align marketing with communication, and go again.

Huddle all the US dealers, let them know, swing them a few nuggets, and go again.

A delay? OK that’s not too bad. Most people in the US are already confused on delivery dates.

You’ll do right. More people will be happier than sad. You’ll sell more cars. You’ll make more money.

#ForTheMulligan
Intriguing idea, but I suspect that cat is out of the boot, the horse has left the station and the car is already in the paint booth.

`There's an appointment with destiny and we're under the gun to adjust a deadline to manufacture reality as we see it.'

2001f4s

Reaction score

#ForTheMulligan
Not sure what you are basing this on?
Timing of deliveries?
Lack of communication?
Dealers ADM?
Fuzziness on details?
or something else?

The Emira will be my 3rd Lotus, and my understanding is that while Lotus make great vehicles, you are not dealing with the likes of Porsche. So I expect a bit of disappointment in the process, but ultimately I will receive a fine vehicle. Having said that, I have an early deposit at Gator, and they have been really good so far with communication, and setting my expectations accurately. Hopefully that won't change too much.

I am not questioning your feelings or concerns. Just not sure what you would want to have changed.

- Scott

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Not sure what you are basing this on?
Timing of deliveries?
Lack of communication?
Dealers ADM?
Fuzziness on details?
or something else?

The Emira will be my 3rd Lotus, and my understanding is that while Lotus make great vehicles, you are not dealing with the likes of Porsche. So I expect a bit of disappointment in the process, but ultimately I will receive a fine vehicle. Having said that, I have an early deposit at Gator, and they have been really good so far with communication, and setting my expectations accurately. Hopefully that won't change too much.

I am not questioning your feelings or concerns. Just not sure what you would want to have changed.

- Scott
Thanks Scott! Just moved to TX from Chicago 10/2020 myself. :)

I’d say it would be great to know:
-how many FEs there will be.
-how many V6 FEs there will be.
-how the line in the US works.
-how ADM works.
…and most of the issues around communication frankly.

Ultimately I’m in 100% but it would be “nice to know”.

If I was not early enough at my dealer, but could have been early enough somewhere else, I’m going to be an upset customer.

2001f4s

Reaction score
Thanks Scott! Just moved to TX from Chicago 10/2020 myself. :)

I’d say it would be great to know:
-how many FEs there will be.
-how many V6 FEs there will be.
-how the line in the US works.
-how ADM works.
…and most of the issues around communication frankly.

Ultimately I’m in 100% but it would be “nice to know”.

If I was not early enough at my dealer, but could have been early enough somewhere else, I’m going to be an upset customer.
You are missing some fine weather in Chicago now. Be happy you are not here.

I don't disagree with any of your points. I am in the first month's allocation at Gator, so some of your concerns don't impact me, but I do understand them. I have a friend who has a 90+slot at Gator for the Emira, and like you, he would absolutely like to know more about what to expect as far as FE, V6, etc.

Gator is selling the Emira, at least for deposit holders at MSRP. From my understanding as far as Gator is concerned they are getting a 6 car/month allotment, and 30 FE cars Guessing that a few dealers are getting more cars per month. And I assumed that Lotus would split the cars evenly among the dealers, but I could be completely off base.

I would also like to know about the "line" in the US, and absolutely more communication.

With any luck Lotus visits these forums to learn about our concerns. As I mentioned earlier, definitely not Porsche, but since they aspire to be like Porsche, maybe they will come up with some better communications.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You are missing some fine weather in Chicago now. Be happy you are not here.

I don't disagree with any of your points. I am in the first month's allocation at Gator, so some of your concerns don't impact me, but I do understand them. I have a friend who has a 90+slot at Gator for the Emira, and like you, he would absolutely like to know more about what to expect as far as FE, V6, etc.

Gator is selling the Emira, at least for deposit holders at MSRP. From my understanding as far as Gator is concerned they are getting a 6 car/month allotment, and 30 FE cars Guessing that a few dealers are getting more cars per month. And I assumed that Lotus would split the cars evenly among the dealers, but I could be completely off base.

I would also like to know about the "line" in the US, and absolutely more communication.

With any luck Lotus visits these forums to learn about our concerns. As I mentioned earlier, definitely not Porsche, but since they aspire to be like Porsche, maybe they will come up with some better communications.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
From my checking lotus dealership in Texas got different amounts of FE’s.
Dallas got the most, then Austin and finally Houston. It seems that folks that got in line before September are getting FE’s.
I wish you the best in getting your car. Hope you not to far down the list. Dallas quite taking deposits. So you know their are frustrated people out there. Be patient you will get a car. Lotus isn’t making a lot. Just for comparison C8-Z06 production will be 6k to 8k yearly.