Status
Not open for further replies.

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I left here once but am back.
Still struggling because I can still buy some of V6 MT FEs. I am also interested in BE colours, e.g. white.
I need a help to choose, please?šŸ˜‚

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few questions to ask yourself which may help:
  • Is being an early adopter of a new model important to you? If so, get the V6 MT FE as they are being delivered first which will give you a larger exclusivity window.
  • Are any of the 6x FE colours appealing? If not, consider a Base Edition as it will have a larger colour selection. (See: The 13 Emira Colors).
  • Should you want a similar specification to a FE, are you prepared to potentially pay more for a similarly configured Base Edition Emira due to possible Lotus price rises and as yet unknown options costs?
  • Are you intending to finance? If so, locking in a rate now might be financially preferable to 12 months down the track given the way interest rates are going.

OP
ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Get the FE if delivery is earlier for you! You can wrap it in white, or trade it in when (or if) the BE comes out.
Yeah, definitely you are right! Thank you.
The next problem is the colour.

I still cannot figure out the Magma and Seneca because I havenā€™t see them in person. And both of them have many faces when people take photos and vids.

I actually want a seneca because my Elise is in blue, but I donā€™t want to pick a very standard choise.
I found one in shadow, but it has a ice grey interior which I have to keep it cleeeeaan. My children will mess it up.

So, I may be pick a magma. I found pics of Elises, Exiges, and Evoras in fire red to imagine how is the colour.

The fact that I can choose my way is the cruelest thing of all.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, definitely you are right! Thank you.
The next problem is the colour.

I still cannot figure out the Magma and Seneca because I havenā€™t see them in person. And both of them have many faces when people take photos and vids.

I actually want a seneca because my Elise is in blue, but I donā€™t want to pick a very standard choise.
I found one in shadow, but it has a ice grey interior which I have to keep it cleeeeaan. My children will mess it up.

So, I may be pick a magma. I found pics of Elises, Exiges, and Evoras in fire red to imagine how is the colour.

The fact that I can choose my way is the cruelest thing of all.

Many of us here (myself included!) have agonised over choices such as colour selection for hours on end playing with the configurator and seeking out photos of actual cars. Sports car purchases are emotional decisions, so go with whatever configuration or colour makes you feel happy!

OP
ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few questions to ask yourself which may help:
  • Is being an early adopter of a new model important to you? If so, get the V6 MT FE as they are being delivered first which will give you a larger exclusivity window.
  • Are any of the 6x FE colours appealing? If not, consider a Base Edition as it will have a larger colour selection. (See: The 13 Emira Colors).
  • Should you want a similar specification to a FE, are you prepared to potentially pay more for a similarly configured Base Edition Emira due to possible Lotus price rises and as yet unknown options costs?
  • Are you intending to finance? If so, locking in a rate now might be financially preferable to 12 months down the track given the way interest rates are going.
Actually it is not so important to be an early adopter, but I fell in love with EmirašŸ˜
Money is fine, but the colour is problem. Because I love all 6 colours and white which TG reviewed.

I can only blame the Lotus colour designers for making the choice difficult.

In addition, I have time limitation until 2026.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Magma in overcast dark conditions looks pretty dark, but in sunny conditions really pops and looks amazing. I changed to Magma having seen it in the flesh. Only colour I would take in preference would be a pearlescent white!

OP
ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Magma in overcast dark conditions looks pretty dark, but in sunny conditions really pops and looks amazing. I changed to Magma having seen it in the flesh. Only colour I would take in preference would be a pearlescent white!
Thank you, Grumpy!
What colour was your choise before magma? And if you have, would you please attach magma photos?

Yes, white is one of my dream too.

OP
ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I started to think of wrapping Emira.

Because interior is as is, I cannot make white with yellow accent if I buy magma (which will have red stitch).

White with ice grey is too much to me, so shadow became out of choise now.

Which means, seneca is one of my best choice? It is very general spec thošŸ¤£

OP
ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Grumpy

Reaction score
Thank you, Grumpy!
What colour was your choise before magma? And if you have, would you please attach magma photos?

Yes, white is one of my dream too.
Nimbus

Reactions: ino

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have seen all the launch colours in person both indoors (factory tour) and outside. Also seen a bright red (base edition colour?). It is true to say that they all look very different in different light conditions. For me, DV is more dark than Verdant - fairly black looking except in sunlight. Shadow grey - a bit boring. The real impact colours are Seneca and Yellow - choose these if you want to be noticed. They look more consistent so you either like them or you donā€™t. Nimbus and Magma are more subtle choices. Nimbus looks more silver in artificial light and sunlight and quite bronze in cloudy outdoor conditions - a fair bit of variation. Magma is slightly on the dark side for me in dull conditions but looks good in sunlight. I wasnā€™t convinced by the (non FE) bright red that I saw. Black roof makes the car look slightly lower but you do lose some of the overall shape of the car. Overall I think Seneca is the strongest colour with Nimbus second. if you go with Seneca the Ice grey is a very good contrast and lightens up the interior (it is very light grey). Alcantara holds you in the seat well and feels great on the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have seen all the launch colours in person both indoors (factory tour) and outside. Also seen a bright red (base edition colour?). It is true to say that they all look very different in different light conditions. For me, DV is more dark than Verdant - fairly black looking except in sunlight. Shadow grey - a bit boring. The real impact colours are Seneca and Yellow - choose these if you want to be noticed. They look more consistent so you either like them or you donā€™t. Nimbus and Magma are more subtle choices. Nimbus looks more silver in artificial light and sunlight and quite bronze in cloudy outdoor conditions - a fair bit of variation. Magma is slightly on the dark side for me in dull conditions but looks good in sunlight. I wasnā€™t convinced by the (non FE) bright red that I saw. Black roof makes the car look slightly lower but you do lose some of the overall shape of the car. Overall I think Seneca is the strongest colour with Nimbus second. if you go with Seneca the Ice grey is a very good contrast and lightens up the interior (it is very light grey). Alcantara holds you in the seat well and feels great on the steering wheel.

That Seneca combo is good is true

I saw it on the test car

Attachments

• E65B2EFD-A3B3-48FB-BF7E-7560D2580E30.png
    E65B2EFD-A3B3-48FB-BF7E-7560D2580E30.png
    438.2 KB · Views: 49
  • AF01433A-C4E6-4AF9-97B7-9C8CAFD9362F.png
    AF01433A-C4E6-4AF9-97B7-9C8CAFD9362F.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 9A72830F-A4FC-46DE-A593-09C4BA49DC09.jpeg
    9A72830F-A4FC-46DE-A593-09C4BA49DC09.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 54
OP
ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for the detailed information.

Because I have cancelled my order last year due to the war beginning, I have to choose from the cars which are dealership ordered to sell. In the cars, I cannot find Seneca+Ice(+Bp) combo, which I was loved last yearšŸ˜‚

So, based on the information you and people here, I maybe choose Seneca.
I was thinking it as one of boring colour because over 60% of emira in my region are in Seneca! But it will be much rare cars than others, so itā€™s fine now.

Some car shows are on going, so I have to be hurry.

OP
ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That Seneca combo is good is true

I saw it on the test car
Fantastic! The combo is one of the best combo.
Only if the war was not startedā€¦

Status
Not open for further replies.