Hello from Spain

Zayex

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi all.

I've been reading you guys for about a year now and have finally decided to register. In October 2022 I made a reservation for an I4 Magma Red and the truth is that I am already feeling a bit desperate with so much delay (and that's not even half of what my fellow NA members have been doing).

Also recently I have the feeling that they have taken the commercial decision to boost the Chinese market to the detriment of other markets, so that when the electric models come out the people on the street will hear "that sports car that comes from UK" and will be encouraged to spend 100K$ for a car that otherwise they would not do otherwise. So I think that until they finish supplying their market, the rest of us will be nervous and expectant waiting for our cars.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and that we can all enjoy the cars as soon as possible.

A pleasure and we will read each other.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the I4 reservation.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Paciencia! No te dejes contaminar mucho de la mala energía de algunos por acá. Yo llevo esperando desde febrero de 2022.

Valdrá la pena!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What took you so long? :)
(although I realise waiting for things is a core part of the Emira story)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Emira deposit.

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all.

I've been reading you guys for about a year now and have finally decided to register. In October 2022 I made a reservation for an I4 Magma Red and the truth is that I am already feeling a bit desperate with so much delay (and that's not even half of what my fellow NA members have been doing).

Also recently I have the feeling that they have taken the commercial decision to boost the Chinese market to the detriment of other markets, so that when the electric models come out the people on the street will hear "that sports car that comes from UK" and will be encouraged to spend 100K$ for a car that otherwise they would not do otherwise. So I think that until they finish supplying their market, the rest of us will be nervous and expectant waiting for our cars.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong and that we can all enjoy the cars as soon as possible.

A pleasure and we will read each other.
Welcome to the club!

OP
Zayex

Zayex

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What took you so long? :)
(although I realise waiting for things is a core part of the Emira story)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Emira deposit.

Good to see you!

You won't believe this, but I didn't sign up until I completely decided that I would not regret my selection. Honestly I found it interesting to read the forums, but I was losing strength every time I read the cancellations thread and the EU/Canada delivery thread.

Also, although I am a manual gearbox enthusiast, I currently own a manual GT-86, I made the reservation for the I4 because of its DCT gearbox. I want the car for daily use, I want the v6 madly, I fell I did bad, but I recognize that in traffic jam, back to work after 12 hours in front of a pc... it becomes hard.

Another factor is that I made the purchase through a branch that is so blind that it makes me anxious. That's why I decided to wait, I know that for nothing I want to change my decision, my reservation is recoverable, but I drove the emira and I want that damn beauty.

Thank you very much for the welcome, to all, because although reading so much positive and negative, it is good to meet people with the same passion as you.

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good to see you!

You won't believe this, but I didn't sign up until I completely decided that I would not regret my selection. Honestly I found it interesting to read the forums, but I was losing strength every time I read the cancellations thread and the EU/Canada delivery thread.

Also, although I am a manual gearbox enthusiast, I currently own a manual GT-86, I made the reservation for the I4 because of its DCT gearbox. I want the car for daily use, I want the v6 madly, I fell I did bad, but I recognize that in traffic jam, back to work after 12 hours in front of a pc... it becomes hard.

Another factor is that I made the purchase through a branch that is so blind that it makes me anxious. That's why I decided to wait, I know that for nothing I want to change my decision, my reservation is recoverable, but I drove the emira and I want that damn beauty.

Thank you very much for the welcome, to all, because although reading so much positive and negative, it is good to meet people with the same passion as you.
Which dealer ? Could be Lotus Carwagen?

OP
Zayex

Zayex

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Which dealer ? Could be Lotus Carwagen?

Yes, they are currently the only seller in Spain.

I am aware that they do their job the best they can, I have no complaints and would recommend them, in fact I am sure it must be very frustrating for them also. In the end they have to rely on Lotus information.... and that is based on "soon you will know something".

I don't want to bother them too much, but I would like at least the sellers has more info... I think that if you are going to cancel it doesn't depend on that information, rather the opposite. I don't even know my position in the queue... and I don't even know if It would contribute to have a "picture"...

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, they are currently the only seller in Spain.

I am aware that they do their job the best they can, I have no complaints and would recommend them, in fact I am sure it must be very frustrating for them also. In the end they have to rely on Lotus information.... and that is based on "soon you will know something".

I don't want to bother them too much, but I would like at least the sellers has more info... I think that if you are going to cancel it doesn't depend on that information, rather the opposite. I don't even know my position in the queue... and I don't even know if It would contribute to have a "picture"...
Honestly, the worst part is when the car was arraving or its already in Spain, the wait felt like ages.

However, if sometimes you get overwhelmed, don't be afraid to write to the salesperson to know that from time to time it is part of their work, I wrote quite a few emails, calls and Whatsapps to Mikel.

OP
Zayex

Zayex

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Honestly, the worst part is when the car was arraving or its already in Spain, the wait felt like ages.

However, if sometimes you get overwhelmed, don't be afraid to write to the salesperson to know that from time to time it is part of their work, I wrote quite a few emails, calls and Whatsapps to Mikel.
took your advice and contacted the seller.

His response was 'no new,Good news' which seeing how the Lotus communication department works.... I don't feel very confident ;)

In my case, my compilation was for August, then move to October and now November. I found out previous delays first from this forum than with the seller (for sure they can only work with official data). Let's see what happens.

I also live in madrid, can I ask you if you apply some protection on your body and where? My current car is with vinyl made in Luna Nueva.