Had my 'Delay Call' and it mostly made sense

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My phone rang by the side of me on my desk... 0330..... Don;t panic!

Lovely lady.

Me: Oh, give me some good news! My car is ready next week and it is free! :)

Lady: Ah, sorry, not the news you want.

She confirmed I was still in the top 100 (I think I was originally 50 - 60 having been a depositor on 20th May 2021). So I am still in Batch 1.

I am also a December build with January delivery. I am fine with this as I usually go away abroad for Xmas and New Year.

She confirmed first UK customer deliveries are this Friday, the 28th October.

She said there was to be around 350 cars to be built till the end of the year. 50 - 70 in November and a real push in December with 250 - 280.

Mentioned the delays and cars being out of deposit date order was down to parts availability so I have to assume that certain specs can be delivered before others - though there is no actual proof of this.

Production will continue to increase as the lag in parts delivery is stepped up.

My two videos are coming out on Friday. One with all the cars , in all of the colours and wheel/caliper/black pack combos to help others with decisions and also my extended drive in a full production finished Hethel Yellow V6 manual car with Sports suspension on CUP2s in the damp!

Feel free to subscribe at https://www.youtube.com/c/WhichBike_com to get notified.

Cheers

Ade

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My phone rang by the side of me on my desk... 0330..... Don;t panic!

Lovely lady.

Me: Oh, give me some good news! My car is ready next week and it is free! :)

Lady: Ah, sorry, not the news you want.

She confirmed I was still in the top 100 (I think I was originally 50 - 60 having been a depositor on 20th May 2021). So I am still in Batch 1.

I am also a December build with January delivery. I am fine with this as I usually go away abroad for Xmas and New Year.

She confirmed first UK customer deliveries are this Friday, the 28th October.

She said there was to be around 350 cars to be built till the end of the year. 50 - 70 in November and a real push in December with 250 - 280.

Mentioned the delays and cars being out of deposit date order was down to parts availability so I have to assume that certain specs can be delivered before others - though there is no actual proof of this.

Production will continue to increase as the lag in parts delivery is stepped up.

My two videos are coming out on Friday. One with all the cars , in all of the colours and wheel/caliper/black pack combos to help others with decisions and also my extended drive in a full production finished Hethel Yellow V6 manual car with Sports suspension on CUP2s in the damp!

Feel free to subscribe at https://www.youtube.com/c/WhichBike_com to get notified.

Cheers

Ade
So 250-280 to be completed in December; unless these cars are already part built there's no way they can ramp up to those levels in a month where there's probably 15 working days.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
A lot of cars are part built. They said 350 cars by the end of year will be completed. Mostly built in December meaning a lot of January deliveries, like me.

This is still well behind the amount needed for them to satiate existing demand so I assume production will increase in 2023, parts dependent

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
A lot of cars are part built. They said 350 cars by the end of year will be completed. Mostly built in December meaning a lot of January deliveries, like me.

This is still well behind the amount needed for them to satiate existing demand so I assume production will increase in 2023, parts dependent
Thanks for the clarification and i suspected it was you making the video TomE alluded to - should have had a sweepstake.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just noticed its on youtube already...

1st UK Drive of the Production Lotus Emira | Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Handling and Performance

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

1st UK Drive of the Production Lotus Emira | Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Handling and Performance
Do you have the link , i cant find it searching on YouTube or on Google and it isnt on Ade's Youtube area.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have not launched it yet!! shot better double check as I am not allowed to ralease it till friday! :)

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

God damnit, I'm 10 minutes too late! It's already been pulled down again. 😅

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have not launched it yet!! shot better double check as I am not allowed to ralease it till friday! :)
I can't find it on my phone when logged in to youtube but found it on my laptop when not logged in strange one that.

Ade

Always love your videos brilliant mate can't wait to see more, it will give you all hope and great that Lotus come up with this.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
weird, somehow the link must have gotten out!
I will have to change it :(
I didn't want to copy the link on here until you new but it looks like its been taken down.

Everyone will be impressed, again good work Ade top man

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha. I have moved them to Private!

After all, I don't want to get into trouble. Google must have buggered it up or there is another way to find an Unlisted Video!!

I will ask again if I can release both of them earlier.. very frustrating.