• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GTA Lotus (Greater Toronto Area)

Have you received your Emira?

• Total voters

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wonder if they are fixing these in the UK before shipping for the cars that haven’t been put on ships yet - it does appear there is some delay in ships hitting the water when cars have been sitting in Hethel that have been built for 2 months…
You would like to think so but I doubt they will start messing with cars that have been checked and wrapped.

Maffu313

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just an update, spoke with Brian from GL re: the HVAC/AC motor resistor. There is a "Service Bulletin" published by Lotus already, so these will all eventually get replaced on the Emiras. However, there is not available stock on the revised parts yet, so GL is currently replacing any faulty resistor with the same part as before, and we'll have to go back to get the 'updated part' once they become available. He's had 2 replaced already, I'm the 3rd, the other 2 hadn't seen the issue come back since replacement.

We'll see what happens with mine. I wasn't planning on driving the car through the rain, but I may do this now, just to see make sure this part doesn't die again. Would like to to get these things address while we're still in warranty period, so I'll probably be trying to put more mileage on the car until then, to make sure no other issues come up before the 3 yr warranty expires.

Neb

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice to see more Canadians on here. I am in Toronto, but ordered through Calgary. Was told the v2 should arrive end of August. I don’t have a vin or more info. The PDI , freight and documentation is ridiculous, close to 10k… I asked about it and they just said that is the price.

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice to see more Canadians on here. I am in Toronto, but ordered through Calgary. Was told the v2 should arrive end of August. I don’t have a vin or more info. The PDI , freight and documentation is ridiculous, close to 10k… I asked about it and they just said that is the price.
Welcome! Curious why you went through Calgary. Were you later to deposit and therefore shorter wait via Calgary? Curious how they gave you an August date - they seem to get the VIN once the car is built…mine was built in Feb but the dealer never told me an expect delivery date haha. Still waiting though. Do you know what month your build was for when you locked in the order?

Neb

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome! Curious why you went through Calgary. Were you later to deposit and therefore shorter wait via Calgary? Curious how they gave you an August date - they seem to get the VIN once the car is built…mine was built in Feb but the dealer never told me an expect delivery date haha. Still waiting though. Do you know what month your build was for when you locked in the order?
A friend knew the GM there at the time and we both ordered back in 2021… he backed out of his, so I am left hanging. They told me in Jan mine will be a May build and August delivery…

Maffu313

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@ Mods, Is there any way we can move this into the regional - Canada subforum? I think it would be more relevant there and would help more local GTA (Greater Toronto Area) members find this thread.

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A friend knew the GM there at the time and we both ordered back in 2021… he backed out of his, so I am left hanging. They told me in Jan mine will be a May build and August delivery…
Sounds about right, hopefully sooner if Lotus sorts their inventory management by then. Your order build date is 2 months after what mine was and (I was March but it moved up because they cancelled all the auto builds - so yours is likely is in fact built or on the line now). It’s looking like mine will arrive end of this month or June - but it should have arrived a few weeks ago but still sitting in Hethel due to the LIFO. Heck your car may arrive in June and mine in August lol. If Lotus sorts their delivery issues my car should arrive this month and yours may arrive by end of June. But that’s would be like Cameron Diaz asking for my number.

Reactions: Neb
OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@ Mods, Is there any way we can move this into the regional - Canada subforum? I think it would be more relevant there and would help more local GTA (Greater Toronto Area) members find this thread.
I don’t see a way to add someone as a mod or move it - if you let me know how to make you a mod or move it I’ll happily do so.

Jonas981

Reaction score
For anyone that ordered from Gentry, do you recall what order number you were? I ordered June 7, 2022 and no news whatsoever now 2 years later.

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For anyone that ordered from Gentry, do you recall what order number you were? I ordered June 7, 2022 and no news whatsoever now 2 years later.
No news on your car or haven’t got news about placing an order? I’m early 30s - July 2021, got my order September 2023 and car was built in Feb but hasn’t arrived yet. Just a guess but I feel like they were at around 100 around the time you’re referring to and guess would be they’ve gotten to the first 50ish…as we wait on the base configurator any day now…I would think at that point hopefully they get 5-10 per month…

But (once again a guess), at this point it’s probably something like 50/50 on anyone’s name getting called going ahead with their order - the early depositors tended to be repeat Lotus buyers and higher follow through rate…

Maffu313

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was #30 with a July 2021 deposit. I know a few other people who picked up their cars were around my deposit # and time frame. From what I recall, Gentry had about 12 allocations at first, of the FE1, and then when FE2 was announced that's when they received more allocations to take actual orders. I placed my order in Oct 2023, with original est. production in Jan, and then a Mar/Apr delivery (which is basically exactly what happened). As @DF_Toronto said, they're probably only gotten through a total of maybe 30-50 actual order submitted (maybe less).

Only manual V6s have been delivered in all of North America, I'm not sure if the V6 Auto received CARB certification yet, so we may have skipped over some of the earlier deposit holders who are still waiting for their orders. In any case, if you deposited around Jun 2022, chances are it will be a while before you get that surprise call from Gentry, saying that they have an allocation for your build. Hopefully they get to you sooner than later., the car (IMO) is definitely worth the wait. && there may be many deposit holders that have backed out, so even if you have a higher deposit #, the line might shrink drastically, once GL starts making those calls to get people spec their build.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If it is any help, I placed my deposit with Gentry in September 2021 and was deposit holder #54. I got the call to place my order in February 2024 and was told that I could expect delivery (potentially) in August 2024.

AFBDA

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe not helpful since my order was so much later than all these, but I put down a deposit with Paul on 18-Feb after seeing the Emira at the Auto Show and I'm #227. Apparently he got a bunch more orders at the Auto Show after me. I'm not convinced I'll ever get the car before it's out of production (V6 manual), hopefully most of the people in front of me are I4 or V6 Auto...

Jonas981

Reaction score
Maybe not helpful since my order was so much later than all these, but I put down a deposit with Paul on 18-Feb after seeing the Emira at the Auto Show and I'm #227. Apparently he got a bunch more orders at the Auto Show after me. I'm not convinced I'll ever get the car before it's out of production (V6 manual), hopefully most of the people in front of me are I4 or V6 Auto...
Ok thanks. I’m 134. They originally said about a year. Coming up on 2 now.

D4speed

Reaction score
Not sure of what number I am at Oakville but am told I am next to place an order for V6 auto. I deposited late Aug 2021. Its been a loooooong wait to just place an order.

I am on the east coast so a leisurely 10 hour drive to my nearest dealer. Hope my car gets whatever outstanding service bulletins fixed prior to taking delivery.

Fyuen1

Reaction score
I have dropped by Gentry today for a test drive of the Emira with sport suspension, I find it a bit stiff driving around town. The KEF sound system is clear but kind of lack of the bass when compared with my C43 amg Burmester system. Hence, I have reconfirmed my V6 base spec to go with touring suspension with KEF system has yet to decide.. My build slot for V6 base is probably in July.