GTA Lotus (Greater Toronto Area)

Have you received your Emira?

• Total voters
Looks like there are 5 Emira's already for sale in Canada.... I suspect a few more will pop up by end of June... Doesn't look to be selling above MSRP asking prices either. For anyone considering an order, maybe grabbing one of these below MSRP in a month might be a good deal. We shall see what the base configurator looks like sooooon.

I have dropped by Gentry today for a test drive of the Emira with sport suspension, I find it a bit stiff driving around town. The KEF sound system is clear but kind of lack of the bass when compared with my C43 amg Burmester system. Hence, I have reconfirmed my V6 base spec to go with touring suspension with KEF system has yet to decide.. My build slot for V6 base is probably in July.
Their demo (I assume the Seneca Blue) is also on Cup 2s which I’m told is a much harsher combo. For what it’s worth I haven’t driven their demo but when they got their test drive car for 2 days back in 2022 it was a sport with the Goodyeat tire and I found it wasn’t harsh one bit so that’s what I ordered.

im #160 been crickets.
I would just give them a call and ask where you stand, they have a pretty long list and likely focusing on logistics of delivering customer cars that are rolling in and orders for those up - some of the dealers in the US have kept customer cars sitting off site for long periods because they supposedly don’t have enough people - not the case with Gentry but at the same time you may need to just call and ask nicely where they’re at In relation to your number.

Just a little update for the members who I was discussing my PPF journey with.

(Background info for those who haven't) - I took my car to MakeItShine Detailing for a full car PPF and black PPF on the roof. We decided to go with STEK Dynashield (they also had Xpel Ultimate). Kaval had laid down test strips of various films side by side to show the difference in film and that's how we settled on STEK. The differences between the 2 were minimal, but STEK looked slightly clearer to me. Paint prep was done on the full car (wash, clay, light polish on areas that needed it - PPF would hide most of the minor swirls, so we did NOT polish the entire car). All painted and gloss black pieces on the car were covered in PPF with fully wrapped edges (incl. badge and emblem removals), which also included interior trim pieces and the door sills.

UPDATE - I'm about 1.5 months in on the PPF job, and I'm pleased to say that the PPF install was amazing. Only 1 issue that just recently came up is that the PPF recently started to lift on the rear quarter panel, where the air intake/vent is. Kaval had warned me that this was likely to happen but he wanted to try doing everything in 1 piece first without having to make relief cuts or using a seam with 2 pieces. Now that it's lifting, he's taking the car back to fix those 2 pieces, first by doing a seam and converting it to 2 pieces (for the air vents), if that doesn't work, he's going to remove the full quarter panel sheet on both sides and just re-apply them fresh.

I've attached the 2 images of where the PPF has started lifting. This is likely going to be a common problem for all the Emiras. I only have the problem on the driver side for now. This was the first side he did on the car, the passenger side, he changed his approach, and said that helped limit the tension on the film significantly. Passenger side has not lifted yet, so we'll see if it holds.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-23 at 14.03.32_9bc1cde9.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-23 at 14.03.32_9bc1cde9.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 38
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-05-23 at 14.03.34_51ce4f01.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-23 at 14.03.34_51ce4f01.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 38
Finally got the call to spec my car and submit second deposit for the v6 auto. Trouble is it will likely land in Dec or Jan. Looking for anyone’s thoughts on receiving the car and having it on a charger for the first 4 months or so without any mileage put on until April. It is bugging me to be honest. Has anyone else done this? I doubt it since the first cars were delivered March ish this year.

Thanks for the update Matt! Looks noticeable close up not sure from afar but I think that’s an amazing level of service to attempt it the most aesthetic way and then go the other way if didn’t work when he could just do it with relief cuts all along and not have to do any corrections after.

Out of curiosity are your side mirrors fully PPFd? From what I remember seeing Kaval’s work he fully covers them but I’ve seen a few other places that do full wrap to the edge not fully cover the mirrors.

Mirrors are fully covered in 2 pieces for painted surface, all the black pieces/trims on the mirror are fully covered as well

Hey guys,

Fellow Canadian here who moved to the US in 2015.

Since I moved I know that Ontario has implemented a luxury tax along with the lovely 13% HST.

Just curious, what are these cars running out the door at in Ontario?

Lux tax would only apply on new car purchases, or the first time it is entering Canada, so it's slightly different from HST/RST which gets applied every time there is a new owner.

I think 'out the door' pricing is ranging between low $150s (if no lux tax) to mid $160s (with lux tax), also depends on what kind of freight/pdi/dealer admin fee people are getting charged

Just a little update for the members who I was discussing my PPF journey with.

(Background info for those who haven't) - I took my car to MakeItShine Detailing for a full car PPF and black PPF on the roof. We decided to go with STEK Dynashield (they also had Xpel Ultimate). Kaval had laid down test strips of various films side by side to show the difference in film and that's how we settled on STEK. The differences between the 2 were minimal, but STEK looked slightly clearer to me. Paint prep was done on the full car (wash, clay, light polish on areas that needed it - PPF would hide most of the minor swirls, so we did NOT polish the entire car). All painted and gloss black pieces on the car were covered in PPF with fully wrapped edges (incl. badge and emblem removals), which also included interior trim pieces and the door sills.

UPDATE - I'm about 1.5 months in on the PPF job, and I'm pleased to say that the PPF install was amazing. Only 1 issue that just recently came up is that the PPF recently started to lift on the rear quarter panel, where the air intake/vent is. Kaval had warned me that this was likely to happen but he wanted to try doing everything in 1 piece first without having to make relief cuts or using a seam with 2 pieces. Now that it's lifting, he's taking the car back to fix those 2 pieces, first by doing a seam and converting it to 2 pieces (for the air vents), if that doesn't work, he's going to remove the full quarter panel sheet on both sides and just re-apply them fresh.

I've attached the 2 images of where the PPF has started lifting. This is likely going to be a common problem for all the Emiras. I only have the problem on the driver side for now. This was the first side he did on the car, the passenger side, he changed his approach, and said that helped limit the tension on the film significantly. Passenger side has not lifted yet, so we'll see if it holds.
If you dont mind me asking, what is the cost to do full front vs full car? You can PM me.

Finally got the call to spec my car and submit second deposit for the v6 auto. Trouble is it will likely land in Dec or Jan. Looking for anyone’s thoughts on receiving the car and having it on a charger for the first 4 months or so without any mileage put on until April. It is bugging me to be honest. Has anyone else done this? I doubt it since the first cars were delivered March ish this year.
It will be interesting to see when mine arrives. I confirmed mine April 2nd. They told me to look for a Sept delivery, but we will see.

Truck with 6 Emiras arriving at Gentry tomorrow, mine isn’t on it. Hoping the other 6 that has mine will arrive the following day.

If anyone wants a no drill removable front plate bracket that can clip on and off you can reach out to Paul at Gentry - it’s exclusive to them but they can install it for anyone. Pictures showing clipped on and off.

[email protected]
image000000.jpeg
z

Attachments

• image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 21
It will be interesting to see when mine arrives. I confirmed mine April 2nd. They told me to look for a Sept delivery, but we will see.
Hopefully September works out for you. They told me to expect 6 months from order being placed. Order went in today so we will see if it lands late November or early December.

Was talking with Paul again when I brought my car in for oil change, it seems they've gone ahead and partnered with a new PPF installer/detailer, they're now using Mina from Le Mans Detailing. They're definitely a reputable shop with lots of customers in the local Porsche and Mclaren groups.

Was talking with Paul again when I brought my car in for oil change, it seems they've gone ahead and partnered with a new PPF installer/detailer, they're now using Mina from Le Mans Detailing. They're definitely a reputable shop with lots of customers in the local Porsche and Mclaren groups.
I can attest I saw one of the cars done by Mina and I wouldn’t have looked outside if I saw Mina’s job to begin with. I will be using Kaval because I already began working with him but I would have been happy to go through Gentry if I had a car coming and had not already started a different relationship.

Paul has given me the go ahead to share these. They can also service cars that weren’t bought from them.

Attachments

• LMD_GentryLane_CCMM - V1.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 44
  • LMD_GentryLane_PPFMM - V2.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 30
I was actually going to mention Mina in the thread on PPF. I had a car done by him (PPF and ceramic coating) last year and he was great. He asked what car I was inquiring about and asked which packages I was interested in, then sent a customised picture of my car (even colour-matched), highlighting the coverage areas of those packages.

I had an issue with dealer-installed emblems and he offered to help me resolve it by installing the replacement emblems I eventually received from the dealer.

He was easy to work with, and my only complaint is that he is sometimes hard to reach or slow to respond (other times he is lightning-fast). I always enjoy visiting his shop and seeing which cars he happens to have in the shop. Highlights include an 812 Superfast, SF90, and MC20. I think he had a Valkyrie in there at one point.

Attachments

• GR86-Illustration-01.jpg
    GR86-Illustration-01.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 11