Greetings from Germany

schorsch

Reaction score
Last week I visited my Lotus dealership here in Germany (Komotec) and wanted to share a couple of news.
I have an Emira (V6, Manual, Hethel Yellow, Tour) on order (did order in Oct 2021). Here in Germany the orders were placed with local dealerships rather than with Lotus. This has changed a few weeks back but my order is still with Komotec. According to them, my car is scheduled for August production and delivery in September. My initial delivery date was supposed to be July, so not a big delay yet.

Further Komotec will receive a demo car soon (on July 28th, when I was there, the car was supposed to arrive in 1-2 weeks). They are expecting a V6 manual in Dark Verdant. I expect getting a call once the car is available for a test drive and will share pictures and experiences then - hopefully still this month.

Lastly, due to all of you in this forum sharing your thoughts on delivery dates and delays, I actually decided to no longer want for my Emira. I used to own a 2018 Audi RS3 which I sold in June and not having a sports car and having plenty of trips planned for the summer I bought a Lotus Evora S IPS with the Komotec EV460 kit (making appr. 440 PS). This is my first Lotus and I have already driven it 1500 km in the first week and I am genuinely impressed by the car, especially in comparison to my RS3. I may write an experience comparison report here in the forum if there is interest. I'll drive the car until my Emira arrives and plan to sell it again then.

Attachments

• IMG_7604.jpg
    IMG_7604.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7613.jpg
    IMG_7613.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 90
OP
S

schorsch

Reaction score
Wait... so you cancelled your Emira order??? I'm confused.
Sorry for the confusion.
No, I did not cancel my Emira order. I just decided to stop waiting for a likely moving target. I am still as excited about the Emira; I just care less about when exactly it arrives since I have my summer toy and am looking forward to driving the Evora a few thousand miles throughout this summer.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Last week I visited my Lotus dealership here in Germany (Komotec) and wanted to share a couple of news.
I have an Emira (V6, Manual, Hethel Yellow, Tour) on order (did order in Oct 2021). Here in Germany the orders were placed with local dealerships rather than with Lotus. This has changed a few weeks back but my order is still with Komotec. According to them, my car is scheduled for August production and delivery in September. My initial delivery date was supposed to be July, so not a big delay yet.

Further Komotec will receive a demo car soon (on July 28th, when I was there, the car was supposed to arrive in 1-2 weeks). They are expecting a V6 manual in Dark Verdant. I expect getting a call once the car is available for a test drive and will share pictures and experiences then - hopefully still this month.

Lastly, due to all of you in this forum sharing your thoughts on delivery dates and delays, I actually decided to no longer want for my Emira. I used to own a 2018 Audi RS3 which I sold in June and not having a sports car and having plenty of trips planned for the summer I bought a Lotus Evora S IPS with the Komotec EV460 kit (making appr. 440 PS). This is my first Lotus and I have already driven it 1500 km in the first week and I am genuinely impressed by the car, especially in comparison to my RS3. I may write an experience comparison report here in the forum if there is interest. I'll drive the car until my Emira arrives and plan to sell it again then.
Amazing, would appreciate hearing your about your review of the Emira test drive vs your Evora... Enjoy it!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Well just to say what I think you already know, your car will 99% not be with you in September, as it looks like not even many UK cars will be out the door then and the plan was always to get the UK going first.
I have been told my LHD car for Spain which was september, is now November build, so take of that what you will, but yes a great idea to get a fill in stop gap lotus meanwhile.....
If there were more new ones about I would get a caterham right now, but in RHD and with MOT's and driving all the way back to the UK in not the worlds most comfortable car, I need a 2022 one and there are only one or two..... so I will resist.... money also makes that resistance easier.. haha

OP
S

schorsch

Reaction score
Well just to say what I think you already know, your car will 99% not be with you in September, as it looks like not even many UK cars will be out the door then and the plan was always to get the UK going first.
I have been told my LHD car for Spain which was september, is now November build, so take of that what you will, but yes a great idea to get a fill in stop gap lotus meanwhile.....
If there were more new ones about I would get a caterham right now, but in RHD and with MOT's and driving all the way back to the UK in not the worlds most comfortable car, I need a 2022 one and there are only one or two..... so I will resist.... money also makes that resistance easier.. haha
I know. That is why I bought the Evora as an interim solution.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the info. Some of the other mainland European dealers have said in the last 2-3 weeks they are expecting demo cars in August, which is a similar timeframe to the UK demo cars. I know they've been building both LHD and RHD cars in the dealer batch. I suspect some may be heading to the US for LOG41 in September.

I think Lotus are briefing the European dealers on Thursday and Friday about updates on customer delivery dates. So you may get more info next week.

I hope you enjoy the Evora in the meantime, that looks like a great example. I prefer the shape of the S and have had many miles of fun in mine.

Andrew

Reaction score
Hey schorsch,

At what price is the EMIRA First edition listed in Germany?
Since here in Bucharest we have no Lotus dealerships, the only option for me is to buy from a nearby EU country, like Hungary / Germany / Austria.

I know that in Germany prices are a little bit higher, right?

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Some of the other mainland European dealers have said in the last 2-3 weeks they are expecting demo cars in August, which is a similar timeframe to the UK demo cars. I know they've been building both LHD and RHD cars in the dealer batch. I suspect some may be heading to the US for LOG41 in September.

I think Lotus are briefing the European dealers on Thursday and Friday about updates on customer delivery dates. So you may get more info next week.

I hope you enjoy the Evora in the meantime, that looks like a great example. I prefer the shape of the S and have had many miles of fun in mine.
Told by Endeavour in Colchester, Essex, that they expect 2 cars by the end of August, one for demo purposes the other showroom only, can't understand a showroom only car and what that achieves?

OP
S

schorsch

Reaction score
Hey schorsch,

At what price is the EMIRA First edition listed in Germany?
Since here in Bucharest we have no Lotus dealerships, the only option for me is to buy from a nearby EU country, like Hungary / Germany / Austria.

I know that in Germany prices are a little bit higher, right?
Mine is EUR 99.500 (incl black pack, alcantara steering wheel and shipping - incl. all taxes)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The post from @schorsch about feedback from viewing the cars at the German dealer Komotec and related discussions have been moved to here:

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m also coming from a 2018 RS3, glad to hear you are impressed with the Evora and hopefully the Emira is similar experience