Folding mirrors?

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm in the US so it will be a while before I get to see the Emira in person. I am concerned with the mirrors and how they fold because I have a garage door opening that is rather tight. From the below picture, I assume they fold but are they manually folded or are there actuators to mechanically fold them? I know this is a silly question for a Lotus because we are all about cutting weight. It is especially silly for me to ask since I have an Elise which has the least amount of creature comforts imaginable. I would like someone to ask this question the next time they see the car in person. Thank you in advance.

1634183196677.png

OP
RapidLotus

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I found this for specs, sounds like folding the mirrors does not get me much, a little over 3.5 inches on each side. I would still like to know if I have to get out of the car, each time I come home, to fold the mirrors or if I will just be able to fold them from inside the cabin.

Thanks,

1634183663566.png

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi they are electric folding mirrors. You can preset and control them from the drivers door as well.
I found this for specs, sounds like folding the mirrors does not get me much, a little over 3.5 inches on each side. I would still like to know if I have to get out of the car, each time I come home, to fold the mirrors or if I will just be able to fold them from inside the cabin.

Thanks,

View attachment 790they are electric folding mirrors. It’s detailed on the website. You can preset and control via buttons as well on drivers door.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Powered

Attachments

• Emira V6 First Edition Options-compressed.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 188

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's the switch panel (RHD car!)

Attachments

• IMG_3359.JPG
    IMG_3359.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 256

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
How do those controls fold the mirrors? Or is it only when you lock the car?
I assume one would rotate or toggle the knob that sticks out as shown in the photograph posted above - one way to 'fold in' and the other way to 'fold out'.

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Possibly. One of my cars operates its mirrors as I have described in my post above.
This is how the same switch works in a Volvo.

Fold out the mirrors by pressing down the L and R buttons simultaneously. The mirrors automatically stop in the fully extended position.

I presume you retract them the same way.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Fold out the mirrors by pressing down the L and R buttons simultaneously. The mirrors automatically stop in the fully extended position.

Given that most of the technology has been borrowed from Geely-owned companies, Volvo being one of them, it may well be that Emira will also adopt this approach.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

That’s clever. Less buttons / clutter but at the expense of a small learning curve.

Perhaps there’s also a touchscreen controlled option to automatically fold/unfold mirrors during ignition and poweroff?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Given that most of the technology has been borrowed from Geely-owned companies, Volvo being one of them, it may well be that Emira will also adopt this approach.
Well.... Volvo / Pole Star build quality and other companys.... all good for me..... you only got to look at the V A G over laps

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Brilliant @Tonyshepp, thanks. I'll certainly need to retract the mirrors before reversing into my garage.