Finance

Gemolack

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got my appointment on Tuesday so excited to see the car in the "flesh". I've never owned or even thought about a Lotus ownership before. I've owned lots of nice cars in the past but this is a completely new experience for me and a bit into the unknown with Lotus as a brand. With regards to financing their vehicles (UK), has anyone had any experience with Lotus finance and what their typical APR is on new models?

Thanks in advance

Wondering the same thing ourselves as the Porsche Cayman / Boxster GTS deals are very competitive and are our fall back plan if the Emira doesn't live up to expectation and or doesn't work out on the numbers game. We would hope to buy the car at or before the end of the finance deal so the residuals aren't the major concern but the APR is.

Lotus are currently offering 24 month 0% finance on the Final Editions. Emira ?

If they did and the residual value after 2 years was good then they could well sell a lot of cars.

Probably be unlikely on an Emira. I think a lot depends on how aggressive Lotus want to be in taking that Porsche market share.

Hi guys,

I've got my appointment on Tuesday so excited to see the car in the "flesh". I've never owned or even thought about a Lotus ownership before. I've owned lots of nice cars in the past but this is a completely new experience for me and a bit into the unknown with Lotus as a brand. With regards to financing their vehicles (UK), has anyone had any experience with Lotus finance and what their typical APR is on new models?

Thanks in advance
HI Gemolack
I assume you're at B&C then. What time are you there? I'll be there between 10 and 11 AM. Might see you there!

HI Gemolack
I assume you're at B&C then. What time are you there? I'll be there between 10 and 11 AM. Might see you there!
Yes mate. Im booked in for 1pm. You decided on colour yet?

Yes mate. Im booked in for 1pm. You decided on colour yet?
Cool! Enjoy it!
I'm looking at the green with black interior, black wheels, yellow calipers, and not so sure about whether I will go for the black pack or not.

I know it's a pretty reserved colour, but I have a bright red Evora right now, so an 'under the radar' colour is going to be a welcome change.
LOL, under the radar, as if this car will be!!

I was told very earlier on that one of the offers will be pay for half then 12months later pay remaining at 0%

I was told very earlier on that one of the offers will be pay for half then 12months later pay remaining at 0%
Wow I think that will appeal to a select few. That's a chunk of change!

Cool! Enjoy it!
I'm looking at the green with black interior, black wheels, yellow calipers, and not so sure about whether I will go for the black pack or not.

I know it's a pretty reserved colour, but I have a bright red Evora right now, so an 'under the radar' colour is going to be a welcome change.
LOL, under the radar, as if this car will be!!
Im leading toward the Shadow Grey with red brake callipers and V6 manual. Bit of old school. Its mainly going to be a weekend car and when the missus and I go away.

Im leading toward the Shadow Grey with red brake callipers and V6 manual. Bit of old school. Its mainly going to be a weekend car and when the missus and I go away.
Nice! That'll be awesome. My wife hates my Evora, maybe she'll warm you an Emira!!

This may help, it was launched last July for the final year of Elise, Exige and Evora but was billed as a strategic partnership so I assume they will also be covering the Emira. This was 4.9% APR a year ago. They've done 50:50 deals in the past too, 50% deposit then 50% in 12 months at 0% (sometimes 24 months).

This may help, it was launched last July for the final year of Elise, Exige and Evora but was billed as a strategic partnership so I assume they will also be covering the Emira. This was 4.9% APR a year ago. They've done 50:50 deals in the past too, 50% deposit then 50% in 12 months at 0% (sometimes 24 months).

Jamie are B&C told me that the finance was going to be really good.
We shall see soon.

Heard this afternoon that finance will be on par with Porsche, 5.9% or something, it's not something I'm considering unless the 0% deal is passed in front of me, but the dealer says it wasn't taken up by many when previously offered on other models, so that offer type may not be present. I'll hold out until the 4th of November in case anyone hears differently or more finance deals pop up, assuming decisions have to be made by 5th else you start moving down the list.

Do finance deals change often within such a short period? If what is offered at the roadshow next week is poor I will not hang around until early November waiting on new deals to come along if that is not 'a thing' within the time window...

I think once Lotus announce their finance options they’ll run for a while, probably through to when deliveries start or longer.

Alternatives can pop up any time. Any changes are likely to be driven by unexpected economic factors, most obviously interest rates but also things that might affect consumer sentiment or inflation.

I guess a big part is do you need to have certainty on the finance now? You won’t need it in place until you pay the balance a week or so before delivery, assuming Lotus don’t ask for too much more than the £2+3k deposit when you commit your order.

I think once Lotus announce their finance options they’ll run for a while, probably through to when deliveries start or longer.

Alternatives can pop up any time. Any changes are likely to be driven by unexpected economic factors, most obviously interest rates but also things that might affect consumer sentiment or inflation.

I guess a big part is do you need to have certainty on the finance now? You won’t need it in place until you pay the balance a week or so before delivery, assuming Lotus don’t ask for too much more than the £2+3k deposit when you commit your order.
Thank you for the information, the 0% was an interesting idea, there are a number of options I'm considering, but certainly not 5.9%, I'll add it to my roadshow (long) list of questions.

Thank you for the information, the 0% was an interesting idea, there are a number of options I'm considering, but certainly not 5.9%, I'll add it to my roadshow (long) list of questions.
Who takes out finance at 5.9% when it's available on the High Street for 2.9%....
It needs to be the pay half now and the rest on 0% in 12 months type deals of the past to even interest me.