• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Finance Options

Rya

Reaction score
Hi All, Has any one discussed finance options at any of the UK roadshows ???

Stormcloud

Reaction score
Hi All, Has any one discussed finance options at any of the UK roadshows ???
Might be best to phone the dealers. I spoke to B&C a few weeks ago and they said no 0% deals, but 5.9% was mentioned. So nothing worth taking.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi All, new member here, just to let you know the current residual value on an Emira V6 Auto is 54k after 24 months based on 10k PA, these options (on the Emira) are now going on a lot of the online PCP configurators.

Lotus have a car (The Emira) that has taken the car world by storm and that is punching well above its price point.

So come on Lotus now do the right thing and blow the finance competitors out of the water :-D

andyss

Reaction score
I asked a Lotus bod at the B&C roadshow and they said that an announcement was imminent about finance offers. Someone from B&C was hopeful there would be a 0% 50/50 deal available.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I asked a Lotus bod at the B&C roadshow and they said that an announcement was imminent about finance offers. Someone from B&C was hopeful there would be a 0% 50/50 deal available.
I think this would be a really good move on behalf of Lotus. Yes, they probably don't need to do it with the interest that they have, BUT it will give them the very best opportunity to hold onto 'ALL' of those orders that they have worked so hard to secure over the past few months.
I was happy to buy my GR Yaris outright recently, but the 2-year 0% deal that Toyota was offering on it, made it a no-brainer. Your cash stays in whatever investments you are fortunate enough to have, allowing you to thrash your sports car during the day and sleep easy at night :D

OP
R

Rya

Reaction score
I've just spoken to parks lotus. They said lotus are working on the finance deals. They are looking at 5.9 Apr and final payment of 49 percent at end of 48 months. Also mileage would be based on 5000 at the moment

andyss

Reaction score
That would be madness when the high street is at 2.9%. PCP isn't the answer for everyone either. Guess we'll have to wait and see - they need to have finance on the table before asking people to commit in the next month or two.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That would be madness when the high street is at 2.9%. PCP isn't the answer for everyone either. Guess we'll have to wait and see - they need to have finance on the table before asking people to commit in the next month or two.
Totally agree, anyone savvy enough to be able to afford a £60k sports car (or less) is going to know that 5.9% just doesn't cut it anymore in the current climate.
Car finance needs to be BETTER than the high street, otherwise you should always go high street and not have any finance attached to the car making it harder to sell, modify, get out of quickly etc etc

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've just spoken to parks lotus. They said lotus are working on the finance deals. They are looking at 5.9 Apr and final payment of 49 percent at end of 48 months. Also mileage would be based on 5000 at the moment
All

Based on these numbers you would be looking at the following....

V6FE Auto on the road 82k
10k Deposit
5000 PA Mileage
APR 5.9
48 Months @ £930 ish
Balloon/Risidual value £40,180 ish

Those of you using the car for a daily mat require 10,000 PA so in turn a lower balloon and a bigger monthly payment.

Lotus should definitely beat this as not competitive at all.

Thoughts?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
All

10k Deposit
5000 PA Mileage
APR 5.9
48 Months @ £930 ish

Those of you using the car for a daily mat require 10,000 PA so in turn a lower balloon and a bigger monthly payment.

Thoughts?
Terrible. The end

OP
R

Rya

Reaction score
All

10k Deposit
5000 PA Mileage
APR 5.9
48 Months @ £930 ish

Thoughts?
The sales person said they are looking to try and get it up to 10k mileage. What other way can you pay if you don't have enough cash

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The sales person said they are looking to try and get it up to 10k mileage. What other way can you pay if you don't have enough cash
High Street loan, 3rd party finance company. Be cheaper to remortgage lol

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
All

10k Deposit
5000 PA Mileage
APR 5.9
48 Months @ £930 ish

Thoughts?
F that. That's house money.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Totally agree, anyone savvy enough to be able to afford a £60k sports car (or less) is going to know that 5.9% just doesn't cut it anymore in the current climate.
Car finance needs to be BETTER than the high street, otherwise you should always go high street and not have any finance attached to the car making it harder to sell, modify, get out of quickly etc etc
Ha, welcome to Biden's world. Even 5.9% looks good...:( I'll probably just pay for the damn thing outright...if I have any money left in my portfolio!!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ha, welcome to Biden's world. Even 5.9% looks good...:( I'll probably just pay for the damn thing outright...if I have any money left in my portfolio!!
Ha ha hindsight hey. Same time last year was a different world.... 🙁

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
LOL, no kidding, I'm down like 400 and afraid it's only going to get worse. I pulled out cash earlier this year to pay in full just in case. If rates turn around then I will reconsider but I have one at 2% so with rates at double+ then no bueno :-0

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Can you please post a link to a 2.9% pcp deal? That would be ideal but I think they are all 6% or more…