FE I4 pricing no longer on US website

Can only assume Lotus don't wish to commit to I4 prices in North America (Canada site also has I4 prices missing).

Maybe we should be getting a $ discount now that Sterling has dropped in value 🤔 😄

Word on the street is that a 17-21% raise in price is coming. That includes I4 FE, and both Base models. This is both due to demand and inflation.

Will they honor the original price shown for older I4 deposits? Or is the price only locked in when booking a build slot?

Will they honor the original price shown for older I4 deposits? Or is the price only locked in when booking a build slot?
Since there’s no purchase contract to honor I suspect in NA the only people getting an Emira at the current advertised price are the 700 who have placed FE orders. No one else in NA has an “order”, they have a reservation to eventually place an order.

Word on the street is that a 17-21% raise in price is coming. That includes I4 FE, and both Base models. This is both due to demand and inflation.
That’s some BS on lotus part if true! That would make it higher than the V6.

It was removed about a week ago from all regional websites apart from UK. Suspicion was that price rises and the Base configurator are about to be announced, as the Base info had been expected in October.

But I know from more recent info that the Base details won't now be released until early 2023. So it may be the info has been removed but won't be updated for a few months.

It was removed about a week ago from all regional websites apart from UK. Suspicion was that price rises and the Base configurator are about to be announced, as the Base info had been expected in October.

But I know from more recent info that the Base details won't now be released until early 2023. So it may be the info has been removed but won't be updated for a few months.
If they raise prices on an unreleased vehicle (I4 FE) after posting its price for months is shady!

Spoke to Lotus today

Seems that my i4 deposit was number 61 and with some exiting the process I “could” be in the first 50 batch for March / April. Only time will tell.

As far as price increases go who knows although we stand by what Matt W said.

Since there’s no purchase contract to honor I suspect in NA the only people getting an Emira at the current advertised price are the 700 who have placed FE orders. No one else in NA has an “order”, they have a reservation to eventually place an order.
Be prepared to hand over a blank cheque to Lotus.

If they raise prices on an unreleased vehicle (I4 FE) after posting its price for months is shady!
Quite a lot has been going on in the world since the pricing was first announced. Raw material costs, energy costs, FX rates, supply and build timings, labour rates, finance costs have all changed, some quite dramatically.

Matt Windle stated an intention to stick to announced prices, but I'd be amazed if they manage to do that.

And we are back into Mind Warp space again. Base Edition order book was supposed to open January 2023. The Configurator usually launches 60 days before. The gossip was 'by November 1st."
It doesn't seem right if the configurator opens the same time as the Order book.
#TheMovableFeast

Quite a lot has been going on in the world since the pricing was first announced. Raw material costs, energy costs, FX rates, supply and build timings, labour rates, finance costs have all changed, some quite dramatically.

Matt Windle stated an intention to stick to announced prices, but I'd be amazed if they manage to do that.
Correct. Intention is not the same as commitment. There are no guarantees in the automotive world nor in the financial world.

This would suck if true. It would price me out of the Emira for sure unless there's also an associated 6 month delay so I have extra time to save. I only budgeted ~$125k for this which includes PPF/Tint/Ceramic etc.

If I extrapolate my dealers numbers (at a large US city), the I4 demand is very low (both in absolute numbers and relative to V6 orders) so far in USA.

I doubt the general public are rushing out to buy 2 seat sports cars in this economy; price increases will be a balancing act to not kill what little demand their is for the I4 (in USA).

If the price were to rise substantially, I'd really be hoping for a corresponding power / performance increase on the I4 else I'd consider holding on to my Elise until the Type 135 arrives.

In my call with Lotus today I enquired over price increases and was told that everything is to plan so far with the exception of a small price increase on the tracker system. I.e. running to cost.

The only other thing mentioned was the increase from 5.9% originally offered to UK customers that is now 6.9%

To this extent I was reassured

Which street did you hear this 🤔

Fairly reliable street. Dont blame Lotus, blame the consumers who are paying outrageous prices for things, this makes them realize they can get away with it.

But in all seriousness, its due to the rising costs of materials, labor and production that @TomE spoke about. Also include additional developmental time for the I4 since things seem to need more work, that requires more engineers and designers, which now average salaries are incredibly high.

I still think Lotus should make a bare bones Elise type vehicle and sell them for 50k a pop, use that funding to support the higher tiers.

There are still many options out there, look at Noble, they are selling for 60-70k all day.

Fairly reliable street. Dont blame Lotus, blame the consumers who are paying outrageous prices for things, this makes them realize they can get away with it.

But in all seriousness, its due to the rising costs of materials, labor and production that @TomE spoke about. Also include additional developmental time for the I4 since things seem to need more work, that requires more engineers and designers, which now average salaries are incredibly high.

I still think Lotus should make a bare bones Elise type vehicle and sell them for 50k a pop, use that funding to support the higher tiers.

There are still many options out there, look at Noble, they are selling for 60-70k all day.
So this is just for the I4 right and not the V6?

Back