Factory Tour & Drive Home - new Nimbus owner

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked up my car on Monday 16th from the factory.

Really nice to get the tour from Scott and Sam, and impressive to see the set up. Much more modern than I was expecting and a lot of activity, must have been 80 cars in the factory or parking area. Incidentally my car was number 80 in the UK. Highly recommend the tour if logistics allow. Wide range of colours and they all look good. Have to say I'm super happy with my spec (Nimbus / touring / red callipers / black pack / brown seats) but they honestly all look good. I went for the diamond cut wheels in the end but also like the black wheels. The very last car I saw in the factory was the exact same as mine - you will love it whoever you are. The brown seats are really nice, unlike anything I have seen on another manufacturer.

Now driven 210 miles in some pretty rubbish weather and loving it. Car getting a nice reaction, being let out of junctions etc. Gear change is really precise. Headlights are the best I have seen. Really relaxing cruising on the motorway. Loads of low end torque.

A little louder than I expected, some gearbox noise in lower gears and water running into the engine bay is annoying but can't wait for spring and some road trips.

Emira or Cayman? - if this car is reliable it will be Lotus all day.

Attachments

• IMG_2170.jpeg
    IMG_2170.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2173.jpeg
    IMG_2173.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2168.jpeg
    IMG_2168.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 220

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Really nice to get the tour from Scott and Sam, and impressive to see the set up. Much more modern than I was expecting and a lot of activity, must have been 80 cars in the factory or parking area. Incidentally my car was number 80 in the UK. Highly recommend the tour if logistics allow. Wide range of colours and they all look good. Have to say I'm super happy with my spec (Nimbus / touring / red callipers / black pack / brown seats) but they honestly all look good. I went for the diamond cut wheels in the end but also like the black wheels. The very last car I saw in the factory was the exact same as mine - you will love it whoever you are. The brown seats are really nice, unlike anything I have seen on another manufacturer.

Now driven 210 miles in some pretty rubbish weather and loving it. Car getting a nice reaction, being let out of junctions etc. Gear change is really precise. Headlights are the best I have seen. Really relaxing cruising on the motorway. Loads of low end torque.

A little louder than I expected, some gearbox noise in lower gears and water running into the engine bay is annoying but can't wait for spring and some road trips.

looks awesome...almost identical to my spec...I just didn't go for the full black pack...not because I don't like it (I do so very much)...but more because I think it imight be harder to look after and the nimbus just looks so good. Enjoy her and I look forward to seeing lots of photos...not least because your colour, calliper and wheel choice and interior combo is as unusual as mine and it would be good to see more of it in the real.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations and looks great. Sadly not the best weather to be collecting and running in!

I’ve moved this to the Owner Journals sub-forum and look forward to more updates as you get more miles with the car.

G

Guest142

Congratulations!! Enjoy your new Emira. I'm eagerly waiting for U.S. deliveries to begin.

KAR120C

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for posting the pictures. Mine is a Nimbus with the same color seats. I think the seat color is wonderful. We were trying to come up with what they look like and finally decided it was like the color of a new baseball glove. That may only be meaningful to people in North America, though!

Glad you have yours, I hope we get ours before the summer ends!

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Congrats!

I have to say that the Tan interior is possibly the classiest spec...along with Ice Grey 👍🏻. I went for black alcantara however, because I was too much of a p*ssy to spec anything different without seeing them in the flesh!

CheshireCat

Reaction score
Looks great. I favoured tan leather with Nimbus but my 981 Boxter is very similar in tone, so I’m going red instead

Attachments

• D19E5FF6-9A8D-4145-8867-60D59B594581.jpeg
    D19E5FF6-9A8D-4145-8867-60D59B594581.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 60
OP
M

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats! Did you also get a framed pic of your spec?
I have one in the post. They didn't have time to arrange the print before I collected it.

OP
M

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for posting the pictures. Mine is a Nimbus with the same color seats. I think the seat color is wonderful. We were trying to come up with what they look like and finally decided it was like the color of a new baseball glove. That may only be meaningful to people in North America, though!

Glad you have yours, I hope we get ours before the summer ends!
I would agree with the baseball glove colour, spot on!

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Looks great - congratulations! My order is Nimbus with Black Pack, Alcantara with yellow stitching and yellow callipers! Out of interest, how long ago did you order? My current build projection is Q2 2024 but have just bought an M4 competition to keep me patient in the meantime! Enjoy the car

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you. I wonder how you get the box thing then? Seems some have them and some don’t.

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Fanstastic compbo!!!! IU really like those colors!!!! Congrats!!