OP
Bod27

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like a story to be told here! :)
Haha , when I was about 10 ( mid 70’s) I wrote to quite a few car manufacturers, just asking for brochures etc , Lotus wrote back and sent me a nice letter (which I unfortunately no longer have) and various brochures of the Elite and Eclat . The fact that they sent them to an obvious child was fantastic! I’ve got an Elise S1, had a V6 Exige and an Evora 400 , but this will be my fist brand new Lotus . Can’t wait !

OP
Bod27

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve was allocated August delivery yesterday and asked about PPF and told that only local dealers can sort that for us no factory option unfortunately.
Will have to drive slowly back to Yorkshire then !

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Haha , when I was about 10 ( mid 70’s) I wrote to quite a few car manufacturers, just asking for brochures etc , Lotus wrote back and sent me a nice letter (which I unfortunately no longer have) and various brochures of the Elite and Eclat . The fact that they sent them to an obvious child was fantastic! I’ve got an Elise S1, had a V6 Exige and an Evora 400 , but this will be my fist brand new Lotus . Can’t wait !
Now that's great CS and a great story. Love it. I take it you have been to Hethel before, but not to pick up a new car? Enjoy :)

OP
Bod27

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Now that's great CS and a great story. Love it. I take it you have been to Hethel before, but not to pick up a new car? Enjoy :)
Went to the Lotus 60th (well think it was) open weekend, had a look round the factory and a hot passenger lap in an Exige. Great day out , but the next one will be one of the best days ever !

OP
Bod27

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What date you 1st deposit?
Jct forgot to take an initial £500 in about march last year , so my first payment to them was made in May (i think) then had to get a refund and send it to Lotus , which ended up being in July . I was apparently 3rd at JCT to place an order.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Will there be a European delivery option for US customers? I did this with my F80 and absolutely loved it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't understand who gets the £1000 if I've never involved a dealer and placed the deposit direct with Lotus and I opt for the factory pickup?
Lotus get it. I agree it seems unfair.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Will there be a European delivery option for US customers? I did this with my F80 and absolutely loved it.
Someone did ask Lotus and they've said they won't be offering it as a factory-supported process. You could do it yourself but it's quite a lot of paperwork.

As an alternative you could come over, visit Hethel, do the factory tour and have a Driving Academy instructed day in a factory Emira on the Hethel track. Well worth it.