Evolution

Rollerskate

Reaction score
I am looking forward to ordering what looks like the best all round Lotus to leave Hethel.

My first Lotus was the S1 Exige which I ordered after test driving a Porsche Boxster and being blown away by the Exige handling and driver feedback. Unfortunately I failed to tell my wife that I wasn't ordering the Porsche which lead three weeks of cold shoulder! One of my work colleagues told me the car looked like a Roller-skate hence the blog name. My second lotus was the S2 Exige which in build quality terms was a major step up. Unfortunately I lost my License for 6 months (with 4 x 3 point penalties) and having moved my Office to near my home in Edinburgh the lack of commute made ownership less attractive, so the car was sold. Nothing subsequently has given me half the fun.

Both cars were bought from Graeme Robertson at Murray Lotus. He made the process of ordering and after sale ownership excellent although I recall that I didn't have to wash the S1 for the first six months as it kept going back to the garage with minor faults.I used these cars as my daily drive in all weather conditions; quite challenging in the snow. I am looking forward now with the Emira to not having to haul myself out of a Lotus. My funniest Exige experience was having to extract my Mother-in-law out legs first through the passenger door of my S2 as she had an artificial hip and couldn't get out the conventional way!

Welcome and interesting to hear your car history. I bought an S1 Exige three months ago and am loving the simplicity and connectedness. Still working on my yoga so I can get in and out! People are amazed when they find out it is half the weight of a 911.

Have you got any preferences yet on your Emira spec? I’m guessing the dealer roadshow must be coming to Scotland in the next 2 weeks.

Welcome and interesting to hear your car history. I bought an S1 Exige three months ago and am loving the simplicity and connectedness. Still working on my yoga so I can get in and out! People are amazed when they find out it is half the weight of a 911.

Have you got any preferences yet on your Emira spec? I’m guessing the dealer roadshow must be coming to Scotland in the next 2 weeks.
Hi Tom, yes I am going to visit Lotus Hamilton on Saturday. I am a little disappointed with the launch addition colours but will go for the green, black pack, with black Alcantara (red stitching) and red brake callipers. Your absolutely right about the weight of the S1 (and S2) so much more engaging.

I am looking forward to ordering what looks like the best all round Lotus to leave Hethel.

My first Lotus was the S1 Exige which I ordered after test driving a Porsche Boxster and being blown away by the Exige handling and driver feedback. Unfortunately I failed to tell my wife that I wasn't ordering the Porsche which lead three weeks of cold shoulder! One of my work colleagues told me the car looked like a Roller-skate hence the blog name. My second lotus was the S2 Exige which in build quality terms was a major step up. Unfortunately I lost my License for 6 months (with 4 x 3 point penalties) and having moved my Office to near my home in Edinburgh the lack of commute made ownership less attractive, so the car was sold. Nothing subsequently has given me half the fun.

Both cars were bought from Graeme Robertson at Murray Lotus. He made the process of ordering and after sale ownership excellent although I recall that I didn't have to wash the S1 for the first six months as it kept going back to the garage with minor faults.I used these cars as my daily drive in all weather conditions; quite challenging in the snow. I am looking forward now with the Emira to not having to haul myself out of a Lotus. My funniest Exige experience was having to extract my Mother-in-law out legs first through the passenger door of my S2 as she had an artificial hip and couldn't get out the conventional way!
Welcome, I'm in Edinburgh too Mr Skate ( :ROFLMAO: ) Laura at Parks has got me a slot on Friday afternoon, otherwise would have looked out for you on Saturday. Graeme is a great guy and now Head of Sales for Lotus in Europe.

Hi Rollerskate, I too am in Hamilton on Saturday. Cant wait to see the car in the flesh. Hoping that eclat2emira will post some pics after his visit on Friday.

Hi Rollerskate, I too am in Hamilton on Saturday. Cant wait to see the car in the flesh. Hoping that eclat2emira will post some pics after his visit on Friday.
I certainly will. Can't believe it's nearly time to see it in the flesh, too exciting!

Welcome, I'm in Edinburgh too Mr Skate ( :ROFLMAO: ) Laura at Parks has got me a slot on Friday afternoon, otherwise would have looked out for you on Saturday. Graeme is a great guy and now Head of Sales for Lotus in Europe.
Hi there, yes I agree Graeme is a great bloke. Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh. Cheers David Stewart

Yes Obsidian, looking forward to seeing the car!