EVO article on the future plans unwrapped - soooooooon

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I hope some of these plans don't become a bit too Danny Bahar like. But I'm excited about the bespoke options.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
2 things:

#1:
100,000 vehicle sales target by 2028, with a 90/10 per cent split between SUVs and sports cars.
😑

#2:
In the recent past the continuous run-out of Elise/Exige/Evora ‘specials’ will have tarnished the format for some, but the team is aware of this and knows what to avoid.
What is the author referring to here, exactly? Is there something I don't know about past Elise / Exige / Evora special editions "tarnishing the format for some"?

KusaKusa

Reaction score
I don't really like this article. It has very little new information and it's more about Lotus Advanced Performance than about the future of Lotus as a whole. And even then, it doesn't reveal much new about the LAP group when there's so much not yet known about their direction.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In the paragraph about LAP they say: "We’re talking beyond JPS Edition Emiras here" then follow that with this black Validation Prototype and what looks like gold wheels. Future Emira JPS Edition incoming?

1662628328535.png

Attachments

• 1662628050470.png
    1662628050470.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 21

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
In the paragraph about LAP they say: "We’re talking beyond JPS Edition Emiras here" then follow that with this black Validation Prototype and what looks like gold wheels. Future Emira JPS Edition incoming?

View attachment 8704

What's a JPS Edition? I googled and just found stuff about the Jewish Publication Society.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nothing new in the article, looks like EVO have only just picked up the press release about LAP from when Simon Lane joined in Feb.

Lotus used to have a reputation for launching re-badged cars as limited-run special editions or "heritage" editions to drum up sales. So Type 72/JPS, Jim Clark celebration, Sprint colour scheme. They often bundled in a decent but largely fixed specification at a reduced prices (sound familiar, First Edition folks?).

Lotus needs to work out if the heritage stuff matters to them or not for future sales. The Evija configurator has heritage colour schemes as options and they have sold out of a special Fittipaldi Edition - a Type 72 colour scheme plus driving time with Emerson.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The reason why they did that is to try to move stock and increase sales. But this created a glut of different variants that in some cases made it harder for dealers to move stock too.

Hopefully now with the Emira they won’t need to make a gazillion variants like old Lotus did, rather only have a few good models that appeal to the majority of the global market.