• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

ESC warning light came on

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Went for a drive tonight , and the ECC and Brake Failure warning light come on !
Stopped , turned off the engine , then Car would not start
Any suggestions 😳

Attachments

• 2AD9382E-634D-430E-B64B-A9BD13FE77B0.jpeg
    2AD9382E-634D-430E-B64B-A9BD13FE77B0.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 168

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Went for a drive tonight , and the ECC and Brake Failure warning light come on !
Stopped , turned off the engine , then Car would not start
Any suggestions 😳
Almost certainly a software issue which my car also had. The not starting was the immobiliser which reset itself after 10 minutes or so and the car would then start. A software update seems to have resolved it.

OP
C

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Almost certainly a software issue which my car also had. The not starting was the immobiliser which reset itself after 10 minutes or so and the car would then start. A software update seems to have resolved it.
Yes ,
I locked the car , left it 10mins , Unlocked it then it started it again , the Car was registered on 1st March , so is there a new software update which it now needs ?

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes ,
I locked the car , left it 10mins , Unlocked it then it started it again , the Car was registered on 1st March , so is there a new software update which it now needs ?
I got my car back at the end of February after the update so perhaps yours wasn't updated. Your service agent is your best bet for getting it checked and done if necessary.

OP
C

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I got my car back at the end of February after the update so perhaps yours wasn't updated. Your service agent is your best bet for getting it checked and done if necessary.
Good point , I will call Lotus Lewes tomorrow , how long does the update take to install ?

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good point , I will call Lotus Lewes tomorrow , how long does the update take to install ?
I don't know as they were also sorting some other things too.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hoping to pick mine up in next few weeks - is there a way if checking in the car menus what version of software the car has installed ? And what the latest is ? If so when picking up from factory or a dealer we can ask for latest to be added/updated ?

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am collecting my Emira from Lotus Sussex in Lewes this weekend. When did you get yours and how have you found their customer service?

OP
C

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am collecting my Emira from Lotus Sussex in Lewes this weekend. When did you get yours and how have you found their customer service?
Jon. at Lotus Sussex is great , and is finding out about the software today .
Make sure your software is uptodate ,
Where do you live , I am from East Grinstead

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Jon. at Lotus Sussex is great , and is finding out about the software today .
Make sure your software is uptodate ,
Where do you live , I am from East Grinstead
How do you make sure your software is up to date ???

M100man

Reaction score
My local dealer did a software update whilst I was there on Thursday . My car was registered 2nd March FYI .

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now we'll find out if Lotus will deny a warranty claim based on vinyl coating on the engine surround pieces...

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Updates?
Should all Emira owners not be notified of any updates automatically?
I have heard nothing.

The car will go to the Agent mid-April anyway for a brake check so will ask then.

Agent: Do you want the 430HP update whilst you are here?
Me: OOh, yes please.

OP
C

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Updates?
I have heard nothing.

The car will go to the Agent mid-April anyway for a brake check so will ask then.

I always think it is a great idea to have a check up after the 1,000 mile run in period , then you can get the Software upgrades buy the
Lotus luggage
a Hat ,
jacket
Lotus Branded Battery Charger
Lotus are really missing a trick here 😳

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Updates?
I have heard nothing.

Unless you have a specific fault on the car or it's a safety-related recall, you will only get updates when your car is next at the dealer for other work or routine servicing.

You'll be able to check what Service Bulletins and Recalls apply to your car on VSIC: https://vsic.lotuscars.com/

Reactions: DJS