Emira purchase - thoughts on this one ?

PhilJ

Reaction score
If for example a Lotus Dealer were to offer you a pre-registered Emira demonstrator (with only 10-15 miles on the clock), but to compensate for it being pre-registered, the configurator price would be reduced by £500 or have the 3 years of service plan thrown in for free, do you feel that is a reasonable offer?

Obviously being pre-registered you'd be the second owner on the V5 and in-essence taking delivery of technically a second hand vehicle!

Thoughts?

DJManc

Reaction score
Is this £500 discount on the current configuration price list after the recent price increases. If so, I would definitely want a lot more discount than this! I assume that the car is also not 100% your chosen spec and that you are making compromises as most do on pre registered cars. OK the service plan is worth £1595 but that would not be enough for me personally.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What is plan B? Start a new deposit/configuration today?

Or are you already in line for something?

OP
P

PhilJ

Reaction score
Is this £500 discount on the current configuration price list after the recent price increases. If so, I would definitely want a lot more discount than this! I assume that the car is also not 100% your chosen spec and that you are making compromises as most do on pre registered cars. OK the service plan is worth £1595 but that would not be enough for me personally.
Hi DJManc,

Thanks for your reply - to clarify, the configuration price is prior to the recent £4,000 increase in the UK. Funnily enough the spec is 100% what I'd choose anyway - hence the dilemma.

Thanks.

OP
P

PhilJ

Reaction score
What is plan B? Start a new deposit/configuration today?

Or are you already in line for something?
Thanks scc.131.fe

I can pick something else up, although it's not really my first choice any longer - hence the dilemma on that front. The one being offerred per my original post would be my 1st choice.

DJManc

Reaction score
Hi DJManc,

Thanks for your reply - to clarify, the configuration price is prior to the recent £4,000 increase in the UK. Funnily enough the spec is 100% what I'd choose anyway - hence the dilemma.

Thanks.
Ok so this does change things somewhat, if it is actually your perfect spec! You could therefore say you are saving approx 6k off current list and available NOW! It's a tempting offer! If you do not have a pre price rise deposit already locked in I would say it could be worth considering. Just to make you aware there are also some new pre specified cars available from Lotus at the original Launch price or thereabouts (which is something in the region of 9.5k saving I think off current list).

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If for example a Lotus Dealer were to offer you a pre-registered Emira demonstrator (with only 10-15 miles on the clock), but to compensate for it being pre-registered, the configurator price would be reduced by £500 or have the 3 years of service plan thrown in for free, do you feel that is a reasonable offer?

Obviously being pre-registered you'd be the second owner on the V5 and in-essence taking delivery of technically a second hand vehicle!

Thoughts?
What are the main bits of your spec?