Emira paused, Exige instead. Fight!

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Decided to take the customer experience into my own hands so to speak. Having grown tired of the delays, lack of love from Lotus for my deposit and then the change in shade for the yellow callipers (I am a confessed detail freak), I now have what I always wanted before the seductress Emira came along.

My November delivery is now consigned to the ‘sometime in 2023’ option (silver callipers it is then.) The tipping point? My Emira spec (almost) came up on a car I always wanted and can have right now. It may sound familiar..

V6 manual
Solid yelllow
No black pack (roof, front inspection panel, wing)
Alcantara yellow stitch
Exposed gear linkage
Modern tech, oh ok that’s nowhere to be seen but it has an exhaust valve button, a single wiper and twin back lights. Things of joy.

I figure I now have time for Emira test drive, I4 reviews (hopefully test drive) and finding out if this is all the Lotus I need. I love that it’s the slightly lightened one with the Bond style louvres and generally how pure and barking mad it is. I now get why some reviews said the engine and box are a bit old school. They’re a massive part of, if not the defining character in the Exige. Agricultural maybe, mechanical definitely. I can believe the I4 might suit the luxury in the Emira more, if they haven’t polished the edges. I genuinely hope they have.

To drive the Exige is surprisingly tractable and compliant(ish) at slow traffic pace and a demented howling banshee with the revs up. I love it but it’s intense as a sports bike and about as hard to get in and out of as one piece leathers. Very special on the right open roads. Somewhat masochistic elsewhere.. Hmm. It’s definitely a thing to cherish.

So my Emira journey is in my hands as much as Lotus’ now, to an extent. The next few months should be fun. And that’s what it should be about, like back in July 2021.

A dog who thought it was getting an Emira (didn’t we all)

B46DE504-0314-4531-A851-E9C5FFD56ACF.jpeg

An Exige 350 Sport not looking remotely scared of its new good looking sibling

5BEB4F33-85D7-4EF1-A793-FFA99B5264AC.jpeg

C2FE25E7-B178-4A1C-AC2D-ED816973E309.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lovely. Once driven, forever smitten

If it’s purely for weekend fun then I think you’ll struggle to justify trading that in for an Emira. And a fantastic stop gap if you do.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats!!!! As a weekend car or a couple times a week drive... no question the exige is, in my opinion more special. Yes the tech is non-existent, but no one will ever be able to make a car like this again. Keep it and Enjoy it. I would only ever add an Emira to the Exige, not replace... Awesome car.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Would love a spin in an Exige. Looks great and I can imagine it’s a full on experience :cool: (y)

Elisesquared

Reaction score
If they sold the 350 in the States, I would 100% rather have one rather than the Emira. Amazing car and looks awesome, too.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Decided to take the customer experience into my own hands so to speak. Having grown tired of the delays, lack of love from Lotus for my deposit and then the change in shade for the yellow callipers (I am a confessed detail freak), I now have what I always wanted before the seductress Emira came along.

My November delivery is now consigned to the ‘sometime in 2023’ option (silver callipers it is then.) The tipping point? My Emira spec (almost) came up on a car I always wanted and can have right now. It may sound familiar..

V6 manual
Solid yelllow
Alcantara yellow stitch
Exposed gear linkage
Modern tech, oh ok that’s nowhere to be seen but it has an exhaust valve button, a single wiper and twin back lights. Things of joy.

I figure I now have time for Emira test drive, I4 reviews (hopefully test drive) and finding out if this is all the Lotus I need. I love that it’s the slightly lightened one with the Bond style louvres and generally how pure and barking mad it is. I now get why some reviews said the engine and box are a bit old school. They’re a massive part of, if not the defining character in the Exige. Agricultural maybe, mechanical definitely. I can believe the I4 might suit the luxury in the Emira more, if they haven’t polished the edges. I genuinely hope they have.

To drive the Exige is surprisingly tractable and compliant(ish) at slow traffic pace and a demented howling banshee with the revs up. I love it but it’s intense as a sports bike and about as hard to get in and out of as one piece leathers. Very special on the right open roads. Somewhat masochistic elsewhere.. Hmm. It’s definitely a thing to cherish.

So my Emira journey is in my hands as much as Lotus’ now, to an extent. The next few months should be fun. And that’s what it should be about, like back in July 2021.

View attachment 8935

View attachment 8936
View attachment 8937
I'll always upvote yellow!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

V6 manual
Solid yelllow
Alcantara yellow stitch
Exposed gear linkage

View attachment 8935

View attachment 8936
View attachment 8937
Respect. That is lovely 😍
Wish I had gone down that route earlier in the year. But then we didn't know what we do now did we..
Enjoy 🍻 😎💛

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

V6 manual
Solid yelllow
Alcantara yellow stitch
Exposed gear linkage

View attachment 8935

View attachment 8936
View attachment 8937
What a good looking car. Just needs the roof removing!
And what a tidy garage! Mine is crammed full of useful/useless stuff as well as cars and bikes.

OP
Pav

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mmmm purple... 💜
Love that. The 4** cars must be utterly deranged if the 350 is anything to go by. Buy while stocks last! Price against Emira and similarity to well trimmed 350 stopped me. And man maths says the ‘saving’ might go some way towards a base.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Love that. The 4** cars must be utterly deranged if the 350 is anything to go by. Buy while stocks last! Price against Emira and similarity to well trimmed 350 stopped me. And man maths says the ‘saving’ might go some way towards a base.
I've been keeping a watchful eye on the Exige market...we are starting to see a trickle of more cars coming onto the market at slightly more reasonable rates...think that should continue as Emira deliveries start. Have to say for the same price as a new Emira we can now get a 430 cup with barely run in miles on the clock...and that is supercar embarrassing performance and style.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

V6 manual
Solid yelllow
Alcantara yellow stitch
Exposed gear linkage

View attachment 8935

View attachment 8936
View attachment 8937
Love the Cocker and Lotus photo! Two of my favourite companions as well!!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks fantastic! (y)

The raw(ish) experience is certainly addictive when you want to go for a blast (on my own in my case). Keeps you focused, and your senses alive. What more does one want from a driver's car?

Enjoy!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
congrats, surely the correct decision!
I have not spent long in a 350 or a 380, but surprisingly I noticed a hell of a difference or maybe the 350 had something wrong with it, although it was at a dealer.

So, up shot being, it may be worth investing a small amount in a chip or fishing of the car to make it even more enjoyable, but see how you go I guess....