• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Email sent to Australian FE deposit holders

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We all got this email today. Some interesting information contained in it regardless of your location . . .

Hi [ ],

On behalf of the team at Lotus Cars Australia and your local dealer, I would like to congratulate you on your decision to lock in an order for an Emira V6 First Edition.

The total Australian allocation for V6 First Edition is 120 cars. The first 10 of these will become dealer/media cars, so you are one of 110 lucky customers who have managed to secure a build slot.

Your build slot number is [ ]

I am aware of posts being made across forums and other social channels that suggest dealers in other markets are advising specific build and/or delivery months to their customers. Having just returned from a trip to the factory where I met with the relevant personnel from Sales and Operations, I am at a loss to understand how or why they would be making such promises.

At this point in time, we have not been provided a production schedule that enables us to advise the build month for your car. Rest assured though, when that information becomes known it will be shared with you and your local dealer.

For now, we are operating under the original timeframe guidelines provided to us by the factory, i.e. Australian cars are scheduled to start going into production within Q2 (Apr-Jun) this year for delivery commencing Q3 (Jul-Sep). We expect deliveries of V6 First Edition to continue through to the end of 2022.

I have recently returned from a trip to the factory and I have to say that the car in the flesh is absolutely beautiful and the quality of fit and finish is top notch. This is not surprising given the investments that have clearly been made at the factory, which is now modern, clean and technologically up to date.

I look forward to being able to provide you and your dealer with more information in the near future. Until then, keep an eye out for media reviews which should be coming soon..... they were at Hethel driving when I was there

Thanks & Regards,

Richard Gibbs
Chief Operating Officer
Lotus Cars Australia

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
We all got this email today. Some interesting information contained in it regardless of your location . . .

Hi [ ],

On behalf of the team at Lotus Cars Australia and your local dealer, I would like to congratulate you on your decision to lock in an order for an Emira V6 First Edition.

The total Australian allocation for V6 First Edition is 120 cars. The first 10 of these will become dealer/media cars, so you are one of 110 lucky customers who have managed to secure a build slot.

Your build slot number is [ ]

I am aware of posts being made across forums and other social channels that suggest dealers in other markets are advising specific build and/or delivery months to their customers. Having just returned from a trip to the factory where I met with the relevant personnel from Sales and Operations, I am at a loss to understand how or why they would be making such promises.

At this point in time, we have not been provided a production schedule that enables us to advise the build month for your car. Rest assured though, when that information becomes known it will be shared with you and your local dealer.

For now, we are operating under the original timeframe guidelines provided to us by the factory, i.e. Australian cars are scheduled to start going into production within Q2 (Apr-Jun) this year for delivery commencing Q3 (Jul-Sep). We expect deliveries of V6 First Edition to continue through to the end of 2022.

I have recently returned from a trip to the factory and I have to say that the car in the flesh is absolutely beautiful and the quality of fit and finish is top notch. This is not surprising given the investments that have clearly been made at the factory, which is now modern, clean and technologically up to date.

I look forward to being able to provide you and your dealer with more information in the near future. Until then, keep an eye out for media reviews which should be coming soon..... they were at Hethel driving when I was there

Thanks & Regards,

Richard Gibbs
Chief Operating Officer
Lotus Cars Australia
Decent email there. If I got that I’d be feeling pretty dang good right now.

Thank you for sharing and very happy for you! :)

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting they are able to quote you build slot numbers. When I asked UK Customer Service recently where I was in the queue they told me they were unable to give me that despite telling me last year roughly where I was.

OP
Nick in Sydney

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting they are able to quote you build slot numbers. When I asked UK Customer Service recently where I was in the queue they told me they were unable to give me that despite telling me last year roughly where I was.
Well, it's effectively an Australian build order (ie, where we rank in the 110 Aussie FE customer orders). It doesn't tell us anything about where we rank in the overall Lotus factory build slots.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve been really happy with communication for my allocation in Australia. Simply Sports Cars in Melbourne been fantastic and very helpful with my questions.
I’ve dealt with them for years. You are very correct, Richard and the whole team are outstanding in all they do. And nothing is ever to hard. It’s not Lotus per say it’s the dealers that provide the whole experience.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Australians deserve all the good news they can handle, because they get so ripped off on new car prices.
I really feel for them.
For example.
Screenshot_20220228-222436_Samsung Internet.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Luxury Car Tax in Australia is eye-watering. It was supposed to help protect the local car industry. That plan didn't work but the tax continues.