❔ QUESTION Does Emira have LSD or electric LSD?

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Some people say that Emira does not have LSD. As a GT86 owner have some questions following:
Is that true?
Is it necessary to have LSD for rear-wheel drive car?
Does every rear-wheel drive sports car or super car have it ?

Thanks for your ansswers. : ):)

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The amg dct in the a45s has a limited slipp diff also has torque control. Don't see why the i4 emira wouldn't have it.
For the market which will introduce all types of Emira, customers will choose the V6 if the want LSD. I am not sure if LOTUS regard the I4 version as low-equipped models.

Smegatron

Reaction score
LSD are not essential, most Porsche 911s don't have one unless they are the higher models in the range. I believe many Mclarens don't have them either.

My own 911 (997 Carrera S) doesn't have one. I don't miss it much on the road, depending on the setup it can also help stop understeer happening as much - I assume this is why they run the 911 like this. I think it can be fine if the car was designed like it.

Having said all that I'd prefer my Emira with one, especially for any track work.

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
LSD are not essential, most Porsche 911s don't have one unless they are the higher models in the range. I believe many Mclarens don't have them either.

My own 911 (997 Carrera S) doesn't have one. I don't miss it much on the road, depending on the setup it can also help stop understeer happening as much - I assume this is why they run the 911 like this. I think it can be fine if the car was designed like it.

Having said all that I'd prefer my Emira with one, especially for any track work.
You are a lucky guy, because all 3 types will be released in the UK. You are free to choose, not to mention the prices between V6 and I4 are not big difference. For some markets, no choice. :giggle: