• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Disable background copying in threads

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@TomE can we get something like
CSS:
pointer-events: none;
added on the Emira image shown in the background of thread replies? At least on iOS you cannot copy text currently, since a prompt to save the bg image is being triggered before text selection kicks in

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1687592776.mp4
    8.5 MB

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@TomE can we get something like
CSS:
pointer-events: none;
added on the Emira image shown in the background of thread replies? At least on iOS you cannot copy text currently, since a prompt to save the bg image is being triggered before text selection kicks in
I think it’s something with your OS, I can copy text normally, are you on the latest software ? If so it might be a bug

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it’s something with your OS, I can copy text normally, are you on the latest software ? If so it might be a bug
I believe it's only an issue on iOS - I get the same on iPhone....

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe it's only an issue on iOS - I get the same on iPhone....
I also have an iPhone, but I figured out the issue, after your message I looked at his video again and noticed the chrome layout so I opened chrome and indeed the same thing happens for me.
So the issue is in chrome for iOS, I use safari (old habit) and it works as intended.