Deposit down!

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah just a a quick intro. I actually only heard about the Emira after the FoS (I was at Snetterton that weekend for the Ferrari Challenge UK) but the prospect of a V6 manual with >400bhp with these looks? Fantastic. In a world where everything's going automated and hybrid this is a real breath of fresh air. So my deposit is down!

Mine will be Toyota V6 manual, Lotus Drivers Pack. Either blue or yellow, probably black pack. Other options tbc. Very excited. First Lotus for me, and I hope they get it right.

daniel heald

Reaction score
Being a Brit here in Vancouver I have been lucky to experience both Europe and America. Le Mans continues to be a motor sport highlight for me, having seen the race for many times during the Group C era. Fond memories, camping in the sun.

In between or more accurately around two pick ups there have been some enjoyable cars: Mini, Alfa GTV, Honda CRX, Lotus Elan, Boxster, Guilia, DB11. The idea of a "perfect" last ice car to drive is very attractive. I hope Lotus get this one right. It needs to exceed the Porsche experience in all aspects of ownership. I desperately want Lotus to do well with the Emira after a very happy ownership experience with the M100.

Deposit down and I hope to complete the purchase late next year when the specs and options are clearer. With a bit of patience a V6 manual makes sense to me. I do not need the first edition so comfortable to let Lotus get some practice and settled in the build process and hopefully build a better more consistent quality car and allow any early production issues to be resolved.

As the guy who jumped off the Empire State builing with out a parachute, when asked what's it like? he is reported to have said

"So far so Good."

Lusting after a Fulvia, MZR 240Z and a 124 Arbarth Spyder too!

Here's a toast to success for Lotus within the Geely group.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Being a Brit here in Vancouver I have been lucky to experience both Europe and America. Le Mans continues to be a motor sport highlight for me, having seen the race for many times during the Group C era. Fond memories, camping in the sun.

In between or more accurately around two pick ups there have been some enjoyable cars: Mini, Alfa GTV, Honda CRX, Lotus Elan, Boxster, Guilia, DB11. The idea of a "perfect" last ice car to drive is very attractive. I hope Lotus get this one right. It needs to exceed the Porsche experience in all aspects of ownership. I desperately want Lotus to do well with the Emira after a very happy ownership experience with the M100.

Deposit down and I hope to complete the purchase late next year when the specs and options are clearer. With a bit of patience a V6 manual makes sense to me. I do not need the first edition so comfortable to let Lotus get some practice and settled in the build process and hopefully build a better more consistent quality car and allow any early production issues to be resolved.

As the guy who jumped off the Empire State builing with out a parachute, when asked what's it like? he is reported to have said

"So far so Good."

Lusting after a Fulvia, MZR 240Z and a 124 Arbarth Spyder too!

Here's a toast to success for Lotus within the Geely group.
Hello! Fellow Vancouver-area deposit holder here. Did you go through Lotus Vancouver?

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, through Lotus Vancouver, Dylan was most helpful and interesting to chat with.
Good to hear! I spoke with Arthur and my experience was similar. Did you happen to find out where you were on the waitlist? I’m trying to gauge how likely it is to receive the car in 2022.

daniel heald

Reaction score
Good to hear! I spoke with Arthur and my experience was similar. Did you happen to find out where you were on the waitlist? I’m trying to gauge how likely it is to receive the car in 2022.
No I made no enquiry as to when "my" car might arrive. I want to see the value of First Edition cars and the various additional options that may or may not be available and then make my choice. if i slip down the delivery list here in Vancouver, then I am happy. I think Lotus have hit a home run with the Emira and I fear sales in year one will be good and then decline. Sports car sales are small over all in the world. I hope Lotus can find a way to keep the car fresh in the customer's eyes over the years it is in production and thus maitain interest and sales over the cars life.