Decision to make

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There is a lotus Emira for sale at approx. msrp and I’m really tempted to buy it for our vacation home, the thing is I planned to buy one as a daily to where I live but due to an unfortunate accident in which someone totaled my previous car (M2) I had to buy a different car for the time being as it was 6 months ago (RS3 8Y).
I wonder wether there will be a more track oriented or more focused version, I planned to get one (delivered) in a year and a half but if the timeline is right and it’s probable I don’t mind waiting a bit for a more oriented/new emira model for my home country as I already have a track oriented car in my vacation home (STO) and I don’t know if I’d want the same car twice I just know I want the emira as a daily 100%.
So what do you recon I should do, buy the emira as most likely there will be another emira model or not buy it and wait to get it as a daily as no one knows what lotus’s plans are ? Or do you believe 2 of them will be nice or odd ?

There is a lotus Emira for sale at approx. msrp and I’m really tempted to buy it for our vacation home, the thing is I planned to buy one as a daily to where I live but due to an unfortunate accident in which someone totaled my previous car (M2) I had to buy a different car for the time being as it was 6 months ago (RS3 8Y).
I wonder wether there will be a more track oriented or more focused version, I planned to get one (delivered) in a year and a half but if the timeline is right and it’s probable I don’t mind waiting a bit for a more oriented/new emira model for my home country as I already have a track oriented car in my vacation home (STO) and I don’t know if I’d want the same car twice I just know I want the emira as a daily 100%.
So what do you recon I should do, buy the emira as most likely there will be another emira model or not buy it and wait to get it as a daily as no one knows what lotus’s plans are ? Or do you believe 2 of them will be nice or odd ?
First of all, thanks for making most of us feel inadequate, I thought my ex's were good at it, but you have just moved the bar right up there..

To be honest I dont quite understand the actual question.
I can only give my opinion for what it is worth, and the worth is about the same as the UK pound currently..... but I am pretty sure Lotus will bring out another Emira to more compete with the GT4, be it the V6 tuned or more likely the AMG tuned, due to the debatable gear box that goes with the V6, unless there is an expensive fix for the manual gear box which others from Evora fame will know more than I.
As a daily the Emira is fine.... but NO, its not as good a daily as its competitor, luggage space, parts supply, dealer support etc, but its fine yes and different and will look great in Italy.
I would not have two of the same car and this is from someone who has 2 of them ordered so highly hypocritical, but one, at least one of them will go not long after it arrives, if it ever does.
Life is about variety and even having a normal Emira and a more powerful one, that would not be sensible in my mind, not with so many cars out there..... new and old....

First of all, thanks for making most of us feel inadequate, I thought my ex's were good at it, but you have just moved the bar right up there..

To be honest I dont quite understand the actual question.
I can only give my opinion for what it is worth, and the worth is about the same as the UK pound currently..... but I am pretty sure Lotus will bring out another Emira to more compete with the GT4, be it the V6 tuned or more likely the AMG tuned, due to the debatable gear box that goes with the V6, unless there is an expensive fix for the manual gear box which others from Evora fame will know more than I.
As a daily the Emira is fine.... but NO, its not as good a daily as its competitor, luggage space, parts supply, dealer support etc, but its fine yes and different and will look great in Italy.
I would not have two of the same car and this is from someone who has 2 of them ordered so highly hypocritical, but one, at least one of them will go not long after it arrives, if it ever does.
Life is about variety and even having a normal Emira and a more powerful one, that would not be sensible in my mind, not with so many cars out there..... new and old....
Haha wasn’t my intention but it was an important side note to get my perspective.
I had harsher cars as a daily so imo it would be comfortable for my needs.
Your point on the gearbox and engine is an important one that I haven’t known, if the more focuses variant wouldn’t have a v6 (meaning a I4) that’s a big no for me, does someone know if that might be the case due to the gearbox ?
And I agree about the 2 cars especially if they are that similar so taking all of that into account I might look for a different car for abroad if the emira wont have a v6 focused variant.

If you can buy this Emira for current MSRP I would guess it would hold that value for a while. Prices are likely to increase, demand is likely to increase when people start seeing this car on the road, and those who already know about it are already waiting 1-2 years for one.

Will there be a hotter version? Nobody knows for sure but the answer is “probably”, but I think it’s unlikely to have a manual transmission since the hotter version is likely to be the I4. This is based on the fact that Lotus is discontinuing the V6 sometime in 2025 due to increased Euro regulation. With the V6 gone, they can lift the ceiling on the I4.

So I’m not sure there’s much risk in the decision. I’m also not sure why you wouldn’t just sell the first one to get the hotter one later. Unless you mean two of the same car consecutively? What’s wrong with that if you love the car but get the better version later? I did something similar with Model 3 and then Model 3 Performance and didn’t regret it a day.

But I’m someone who has one order placed and a 2nd reserved because I want one of the “final” V6 models, hotter or not.

If it's at a vacation home, you'll want to use it on vacation... relax and enjoy! The touring spec car would be perfect in that context. Plus you already have a track car. Get the Emira in a color you'd like to take out for a drive in the country, or to go out to dinner.

Honestly the same probably applies if you want to use it as a daily driver.

I have the sport spec on order, but I won't be using it as a daily... weekend car only for "escape the city" drives.

If you can buy this Emira for current MSRP I would guess it would hold that value for a while. Prices are likely to increase, demand is likely to increase when people start seeing this car on the road, and those who already know about it are already waiting 1-2 years for one.

Will there be a hotter version? Nobody knows for sure but the answer is “probably”, but I think it’s unlikely to have a manual transmission since the hotter version is likely to be the I4. This is based on the fact that Lotus is discontinuing the V6 sometime in 2025 due to increased Euro regulation. With the V6 gone, they can lift the ceiling on the I4.

So I’m not sure there’s much risk in the decision. I’m also not sure why you wouldn’t just sell the first one to get the hotter one later. Unless you mean two of the same car consecutively? What’s wrong with that if you love the car but get the better version later? I did something similar with Model 3 and then Model 3 Performance and didn’t regret it a day.

But I’m someone who has one order placed and a 2nd reserved because I want one of the “final” V6 models, hotter or not.
That’s a really solid point, I like your thinking.
It’s a nice idea to buy it and if I’ll enjoy it as I hope and expect I will I’ll just sell it without much loss probably once the one I planned to get will arrive + I’ll have more time to decide between more vehicles that would be unveiled.
Thou I sure do hope lotus will make a GT4 competitor with a proper (IMO) engine and not a I4.

I say if you are old like me buy now, you may not be be ale to get in the car or worst yet be around... If you are young or already bought another Lotus model I say wait about 2 years, by that time, half of these folks that are fighting for pole position will not own their Emira, is the nature of the beast!
If I were you I would buy two different cars as I feel you will get bored of driving two of the same, i would buy a GT4 and an Emira and this way your emotions will shift as you drive the different cars on a daily basis, good luck!

I say if you are old like me buy now, you may not be be ale to get in the car or worst yet be around... If you are young or already bought another Lotus model I say wait about 2 years, by that time, half of these folks that are fighting for pole position will not own their Emira, is the nature of the beast!
If I were you I would buy two different cars as I feel you will get bored of driving two of the same, i would buy a GT4 and an Emira and this way your emotions will shift as you drive the different cars on a daily basis, good luck!
I wish that were the case! Where I live we pay ~130% in taxes (230% the value) so buying both at home isn’t an option (is just not a smart one lol), hence why I don’t mind buying more cars abroad lol.
I’m pretty young but I know that in a few years we might not be able to enjoy those cars and it will be my first lotus so I’m excited about it.
Set my mind if I’ll have time for another vacation soon I’ll get the emira if no one else will haha, had a kinda early order for it it in the first place, if not I’ll just wait for the base V6 or a new version (which I don’t think would likely happen in that time frame due to the delays considering what I’ve seen in Harry’s garage video) so I’ll get to experience and enjoy (surprisingly) the RS3 and have more color options :)

I think the next stunning looking car for Lotus is going to be (forced to a degree) the Electric one replacing the Emira, in order to get all the manual drivers to switch over to electric is going to take a special car, something short of an Evija...

Last edited:
I think the next stunning looking car for Lotus is going to be (forced to a degree) the Electric one replacing the Emira, in order to get all the manual drivers to switch over to electric is going to take a special car...
I’ve got my name already on my dealer’s pre-deposit list for that one. Can’t actually put a deposit on it until it’s officially announced by Lotus. If there’s going to be any EV sports car that would win me over to an EV it has to be a Lotus.

I think the next stunning looking car for Lotus is going to be (forced to a degree) the Electric one replacing the Emira, in order to get all the manual drivers to switch over to electric is going to take a special car...

There won’t be much choice. With so many governments phasing out the sale of new gasoline cars by 2030, the business case for manual, already a niche product in a world where gasoline engines are 94% of new sales, will be long dead and just a few stragglers will remain on aging platforms in sporadic markets.

Meanwhile we’ll have EV Boxsters and Caymans, EV muscle cars from Dodge etc., EV exotics…

And that’s when the value of our Emiras will begin to gap up ;)

I feel the Emira offered today will be a completely different car than the “gt3” Emira possibly offered down the line, rendering them 2 completely different cars with the same name. You had me at available now at msrp.

I feel the Emira offered today will be a completely different car than the “gt3” Emira possibly offered down the line, rendering them 2 completely different cars with the same name. You had me at available now at msrp.
So if the GT4 has 400HP, we can ass/u/me since the Gt3 has a lower number less HP? lol

settled on buying the auto and I’ll export it to my country when a year or so passes after I’ll get it, so if anyone’s selling an auto emira in the eu let me know lol