Dealerships for DMV (MD/DC/VA) area

ZZ33

Reaction score
Following on from a thread in the new member's section, I thought it would be useful to create a thread for members in the DMV area to share their dealership and salesperson experiences. Since Euromotorcars Lotus closed there are no Lotus dealer servicing this area. I'm personally looking to register my interest at dealer within reasonable driving distance (<5hrs) so it would be good to hear which dealer your chose, the salesperson and how the process went.

There also appears to be new dealerships opening across the US soon and hopefully one will be in the DMV! As I've missed on the boat on an FE I'm considering waiting until a local dealer opens + that way I could get a test drive too.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I ended up ordering mine from Lotus of North Jersey in Summit. It's 2 hrs each way from me, but they've been great so far. I plan to have service done at Victory Lotus near Princeton, which is an hour closer. We desperately need more dealers or at least more certified service centers (like a Volvo dealership with a certified Lotus tech).

Clam

Reaction score
I ended up ordering mine from Lotus of North Jersey in Summit. It's 2 hrs each way from me, but they've been great so far. I plan to have service done at Victory Lotus near Princeton, which is an hour closer. We desperately need more dealers or at least more certified service centers (like a Volvo dealership with a certified Lotus tech).
Deposit and planned service at Victory Lotus in Princeton, NJ here. It's the closest dealership to north Maryland. I'll say that Lotus of North Jersey seemed very responsive and informative based on the interactions I had in person and on the phone.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I called Lotus USA and talked to them about this issue in December. They said they have had trouble identifying an appropriate partner in the area in the years since their last DMV dealer closed. Apparently they have had talks with a few likely candidates in the past year but nothing firmed up yet.

I did let him know that I thought it was crazy that we (Northern VA) have nine Porsche dealers and every exotic in existence within local driving distance (30mi radius) and no Lotus option in shorter than a 4-hour drive. He totally understood and said it has frustrated them too.

He also said they were very busy onboarding a few dealers who were starting up in other areas, and apparently Lotus USA only have two people in the United States working on dealer network expansion and management. It sounded like the team was stretched thin but making earnest effort.

OP
ZZ33

ZZ33

Reaction score
It sounded like the team was stretched thin but making earnest effort.

I'm sure they'd find some help here ;)

Great info though - thank you!

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus of DC is now announced! They are coming to Rockville, Maryland in the near future, a stand-alone brand store that's being constructed now. It's directly adjacent to the Polestar dealership.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Woohoo! Now my service will only take a 25 minute drive.

Address is currently a Ourisman used car lot. Very confidence inspiring.

OP
ZZ33

ZZ33

Reaction score
Awesome! Any indication when the official opening will be?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great news. I see they’ve already got a used Evija in stock 💛

I wonder if they’ve got 2022 Emira allocation available or 2023 slots - anyone tried to place a deposit? Might be a way to get an earlier delivery.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Woohoo! Now my service will only take a 25 minute drive.

Address is currently a Ourisman used car lot. Very confidence inspiring.
Is Ourisman operating the Polestar store as well? Makes sense, if they're already doing business with Geely/Volvo. The Volvo dealers in Bethesda and Frederick are Ourisman as well.

[edit] Looks like the Polestar showroom next door is part of DARCARS Volvo. Not an Ourisman. The plot thickens.

I wonder which dealer group is doing the Lotus store? I'll try to find out and report back if i can.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I wonder which dealer group is doing the Lotus store? I'll try to find out and report back if i can.
Definitely Ourisman. The Lotus logo is on their dealer group website.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Lotus of DC is now announced! They are coming to Rockville, Maryland in the near future, a stand-alone brand store that's being constructed now. It's directly adjacent to the Polestar dealership.

That's awesome! Philly and now DC.. They were joking about expanding dealer network.

OP
ZZ33

ZZ33

Reaction score
Looks like there's more info here on Lotustalk - the GM introduced himself and posted some info. I might make go for a visit as it's only 15mins from me - great news!

Medic518

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good to know there will be something as close as Rockville, wouldn't want to drive ~4hrs for service.. I'll be tagging my car at the southern address (FL), but more often keeping it at the northern address (DMV)..

Put my reservation in at Lamborghini Palm Beach - they were very up front about inaccurate information I was receiving from other dealers (like Summit in NJ and Winston Salem), and are very accommodating anytime I'm on site.

OP
ZZ33

ZZ33

Reaction score
So I dropped by today and have some info:

I met the GM (Loc) and the head of sales (Tarique) both super friendly and proper car guys! The location at 15301 Frederick Road is where they are building their new showroom - they estimate it will be beginning of January when they are open for business.

In the meantime they are operating out of Ourisman VW which is a couple miles down the road (it's also where I met them).

They have '20 Evora which will be the first car at the dealership (so it's not technically for sale), and they expect an Emira sometime in October. The Emira is on a tour across the US so they expect to have it for a few days and arrange an event for prospective customers and those who have placed orders already. They'll hold the even at the new (under construction) place.

This is great news for us in the area, looking forward to working with these guys!

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So I dropped by today and have some info:

I met the GM (Loc) and the head of sales (Tarique) both super friendly and proper car guys! The location at 15301 Frederick Road is where they are building their new showroom - they estimate it will be beginning of January when they are open for business.

In the meantime they are operating out of Ourisman VW which is a couple miles down the road (it's also where I met them).

They have '20 Evora which will be the first car at the dealership (so it's not technically for sale), and they expect an Emira sometime in October. The Emira is on a tour across the US so they expect to have it for a few days and arrange an event for prospective customers and those who have placed orders already. They'll hold the even at the new (under construction) place.

This is great news for us in the area, looking forward to working with these guys!
So are they taking orders for a FE? I live in Md but placed an order at gators. I would love to take delivery closer.

OP
ZZ33

ZZ33

Reaction score
I believe there are no slots left for the FE but they are taking orders for a regular edition.

Give Tarique a call at 240-499-2469 and they'll try to help you out

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like that will be my local dealer, although I purchased mine from the Midwest. The one you shared the address to is the closest one to me.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The Emira is on a tour across the US so they expect to have it for a few days and arrange an event for prospective customers and those who have placed orders already.
Given that most people ordered elsewhere, that's mighty nice of them. I hope Lotus give them some support for hosting other dealers' buyers. Maybe they'll have some of those Scion keychains for sale that I can buy?