Dealership Photographer here!

a.s_

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm A. I work as a photographer for a UK Lotus dealer (don't really want to say too much about which one right now, not entirely sure how much I'm allowed to say!). I deal with their social media as well as website stock photos etc. My job is essentially taking Lotuses out to nice places and getting photo / video content, so as an enthusiast it's a dream job for me, especially as I'll likely never be able to own a Lotus myself!

I don't work for Lotus directly, nor am I privy to any fresh information I'm afraid, only what I hear from our salesmen! Latest I've heard here in regards to getting a demonstrator is that August is likely, though we don't have any idea exactly when (or at least that's what I was last told). When we do receive it, I suspect it'll be swarmed with test drives but I'll absolutely do my best to get some fresh content and put it on here, as well as my first impressions and thoughts!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks,
A

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Welcome to the forum @a.s_ - Look forward to seeing some photos!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm A. I work as a photographer for a UK Lotus dealer (don't really want to say too much about which one right now, not entirely sure how much I'm allowed to say!). I deal with their social media as well as website stock photos etc. My job is essentially taking Lotuses out to nice places and getting photo / video content, so as an enthusiast it's a dream job for me, especially as I'll likely never be able to own a Lotus myself!

I don't work for Lotus directly, nor am I privy to any fresh information I'm afraid, only what I hear from our salesmen! Latest I've heard here in regards to getting a demonstrator is that August is likely, though we don't have any idea exactly when (or at least that's what I was last told). When we do receive it, I suspect it'll be swarmed with test drives but I'll absolutely do my best to get some fresh content and put it on here, as well as my first impressions and thoughts!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks,
A
I IMAGINE YOU are quite young (not a good way to start an introduction).... but I am sure you will be able to get a Lotus one day, why on earth not. Think big.... or just dont buy a house :). My cars are worth more than the property I live in, rather foolish, but there you go.....
thanks for the offer of extra info and yes, you would think the dealers would know by now when they are getting their cars seeing how its only potentially 10 days away or so...... but you would think a lot of things and you would be wasting your time haha

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and thanks for joining in. I know everyone will appreciate seeing your photos.

Do you know what spec cars your dealership will be getting for the demo fleet in terms of exterior and interior colours?

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for joining in. I know everyone will appreciate seeing your photos.

Do you know what spec cars your dealership will be getting for the demo fleet in terms of exterior and interior colours?
Would it be a good idea for someone to create a "new post/thread" that can be updated to confirm what demo cars are at each of the dealerships? Might help some to see the car in similar spec to what they have ordered?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good idea. Feel free to start it - we don’t have any info yet on dealer specs but may know more this or next week.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OK, I’ll start a thread when we start getting info on the specs of the demo cars.

OP
a.s_

a.s_

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes!

@emiraspain I'm 22 so I suppose you're not wrong there! I'll keep dreaming, who knows!

@TomE sadly no information on that front, no one in sales has any idea on spec. Every time I've asked it's the same answer; all we know is we have a car coming... at some point. It's possible our sales manager has been given those details but he's away at the moment so I can't check with him!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know the dealers were asked to submit requests for specs, but Lotus then did some juggling to ensure there was a good mix across the country.

Amusing and sad that the dealers are also in the dark and being told “soon” :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I know the dealers were asked to submit requests for specs, but Lotus then did some juggling to ensure there was a good mix across the country.

'Amusing' is one word for it.... :ROFLMAO:

OP
a.s_

a.s_

Reaction score

I'd imagine requests were done before I started here (I joined in February) - supposedly at one point we had a vague idea of demo colour, but the impression I got today when I asked was that it was not communicated effectively to us and it's essentially fallen off the radar, so it's just a wait and see case at this point!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes well its good to know we are not the only ones out in the Cold...... Ive spoken to a UK dealer and another EU dealer and it certainly would seem the communication strategy is totally consistent in its failings.... but its now wednesday..... surely Surely SURELY there will be an email tomorrow..

1660125498434.png

I wonder is there a point at which pride would make me think.... screw you..... there has to be.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
With regard to demo rides I was hearing all sort of rules around this e.g no unaccompanied rides, must follow a specific route, for a specific time etc has this been confirmed yet, as I would not be happy e.g for a 6 hr round trip for literally a quick 20mins round block

OP
a.s_

a.s_

Reaction score
Yes well its good to know we are not the only ones out in the Cold...... Ive spoken to a UK dealer and another EU dealer and it certainly would seem the communication strategy is totally consistent in its failings.... but its now wednesday..... surely Surely SURELY there will be an email tomorrow..

I wonder is there a point at which pride would make me think.... screw you..... there has to be.

I'd better not comment on the communication side of things :ROFLMAO: but yes it's certainly been... interesting. I really feel for those of you who've been waiting years. Hopefully it's at least some comfort that all the reviews I've seen so far suggest it'll be worth the wait!

@AudR8 all sales have told me is about prioritising customers expected to receive their cars first etc etc, I think that's been covered on the forums before so I haven't got much more info right now I'm afraid. I've been asked to help cover test drives when they do start though as our sales team is stretched pretty thin at the moment, so I may be able to offer more information at a later date.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
With regard to demo rides I was hearing all sort of rules around this e.g no unaccompanied rides, must follow a specific route, for a specific time etc has this been confirmed yet, as I would not be happy e.g for a 6 hr round trip for literally a quick 20mins round block
maybe you have had more luck than me, but in the UK I've never been allowed (apart from westfield) to take a car out without someone from the dealership with me. I guess if you have bought several cars from them, they may make an exception, but generally its from an insurance point of view.
In Spain I have had the car for the whole day and gone for lunch at the beach :)....
Im sure you can get 45mins to maybe an hour, but much more I guess would be difficult as there are few if any 100% Lotus dealers, hence have other customers and there will be a long list of people waiting... you imagine

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's all rumours and speculation at this point, no one has any firm info. I'd heard about test drives possibly being accompanied and a set route but also my dealer routinely allows customers to do unaccompanied and own route.

I'd heard Lotus might be running extra test drives around the country using a team from HQ and a central pool of cars, which might be where the accompanied/fixed route aspect comes from.

I have also heard the demo cars are fitted with black boxes but not sure what the purpose of these is. May be for insurance reasons, or to ensure the cars aren't driven at stupid speeds and/or this designated routes point.

In summary, we don't really know!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's all rumours and speculation at this point, no one has any firm info. I'd heard about test drives possibly being accompanied and a set route but also my dealer routinely allows customers to do unaccompanied and own route.

I'd heard Lotus might be running extra test drives around the country using a team from HQ and a central pool of cars, which might be where the accompanied/fixed route aspect comes from.

I have also heard the demo cars are fitted with black boxes but not sure what the purpose of these is. May be for insurance reasons, or to ensure the cars aren't driven at stupid speeds and/or this designated routes point.

In summary, we don't really know!
Tom yes I also heard about the black box’s as these are Lotus owned cars and such they do not want them driven harshly / penalties if they are, don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t do this on a car I don’t own anyway - but all these rules is rather off putting and certainly not what I’m used to buying cars. In past BMW (I8 / M4 ) and Audi have been superb at giving me the keys and saying just come back when your ready. Funny no comms whatsoever for dealers kept in dark closet all year but for demo rides there given war n peace of rules and procedures that they must follow - Let’s see - Lotus do not make me feel like a rebellious school child !