Coming to America

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My partner and I are heading to New York and Boston over Sept-Oct. I see that some dealers are getting Emira demo cars… are there any dealers in these cities who have announced demos? Icing on our holiday!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There's Manhattan Motorcars in NYC and Lotus of North Jersey. We have no idea when either are getting their demos.

Oddly enough, I'll be in Italy end of Sept/early Oct. So the way thing have gone, I'm betting my dealer will get their Emira sometime while I'm away. 🙄

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My partner and I are heading to New York and Boston over Sept-Oct. I see that some dealers are getting Emira demo cars… are there any dealers in these cities who have announced demos? Icing on our holiday!
You would imagine Lotus Cars USA would be aware of incoming Emiras - the dates and places - such as the LOG event September 9-11. Their website includes a phone contact for customer communications. Dealers in the vicinity of your itinerary destinations also should be contacted. There are also Regional Lotus Clubs that may have info. Google them for contact info.
I'm hoping you experience all the hospitality due fans and visitors.
Cheers.

virtualmacho

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Follow the rose petals, and you may find an Emira available for a test drive...

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There is supposed to be a surprisingly large number of euro-spec Emiras at next month's LOG 41 in Canaan Valley West Virginia. Anyone within driving distance who wants to do a drive will need to register for the LOG, which also involves joining Lotus Ltd. Even if someone shows up with documented deposit/build spec in hand, but are not Lotus Ltd member/registrant for LOG, they will not be permitted to drive the cars as it is an insurance issue as a Lotus Ltd event.

Those cars will then start a tour of dealerships for the drives.

Not at liberty to say how many cars. When I heard I was very surprised. Such that given all the production problems, wouldn't surprise me if few, if any actually show. That's how Lotus rolls, regardless who owns it.

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus is bringing 11 Emiras to LOG41 in WV in early September. Those cars are going to dealers after LOG, so you should be able to see them then.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These will be some of the demo cars reportedly seen in production during recent factory tours. Given the delays and summer shutdown and the early Sept deadline for LOG41, I wonder if they are sending them via air cargo rather than sea container. The show cars have been air-lifted around the world but taking 11 cars is going to be costly.

I wonder why they are Euro spec LHD cars and not North America spec? The build differences are small but non-trivial (eg headlights) and I guess those parts may be more delayed. Or perhaps bringing in out-of-region cars temporarily makes it easier/quicker to clear customs.

Fingers crossed they do arrive in time.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
These will be some of the demo cars reportedly seen in production during recent factory tours. Given the delays and summer shutdown and the early Sept deadline for LOG41, I wonder if they are sending them via air cargo rather than sea container. The show cars have been air-lifted around the world but taking 11 cars is going to be costly.

I wonder why they are Euro spec LHD cars and not North America spec? The build differences are small but non-trivial (eg headlights) and I guess those parts may be more delayed. Or perhaps bringing in out-of-region cars temporarily makes it easier/quicker to clear customs.

Fingers crossed they do arrive in time.

I just spoke with my dealer and he's aware of the cars coming over. He's going to let me know exactly when they'll be at his dealership for me to drive asap. I'll report back with confirmed dates.

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus is bringing 11 Emiras to LOG41 in WV in early September. Those cars are going to dealers after LOG, so you should be able to see them then.
As of this morning I’m hearing it will be some number less than that, but still several.