• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Colour match seat belts

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Something I didn't even think about before but, a lot of sportier cars these days have the option of coloured seat belts, sadly the emira does not.

Turns out it's not too expensive to fix though if you wanted to (saw this via an advert on insta: https://airbagteam.com/seat-belt-colour-upgrade/).

I'm now considering yellow belts to match the contrast stitch if possible. Anyone else considered swapping their belts for something more colourful?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I hadn't thought of that, but I'm getting the tan leather interior, so black seat belts won't look out of place. I would imagine that's the kind of thing their new bespoke division will be making available. Third party would probably be cheaper, but I would be concerned about color-fastness. Wouldn't want color bleed on clothing or the leather, or fading with sun exposure.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's also safety specifications for these things. I wouldn't put any random third party coloured belt on that's never been tested to safety specifications.

OP
Joel

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There's also safety specifications for these things. I wouldn't put any random third party coloured belt on that's never been tested to safety specifications.
Yes, were I to do this I would definitely make sure that the belts being fitted had gone through the correct approvals. The link I shared claims they have those approvals for example so I expect there are valid aftermarket options out there

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great idea. Wish they had a dark brown variant to go with the tan leather interior...

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This had been my plan when I was going with nimbus; I would have gotten the belts re-webbed in red. There are plenty of shops that will swap out the webbing if you send them the belt assembly. Ever since I switched to magma, I’ll keep the black belts.