Car designer from Surrey, UK

Harry3099

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a car designer based in Surrey, UK. Sadly I don't have an Emira on order, but I'd love a Lotus one day! :ROFLMAO:
I've been lucky enough to meet the designer of the Emira at work, and attended the launch event at Bell & Colvill which was cool.

Outside of work, I draw pictures of cars on commission for people, and recently drew this lovely blue Emira.

Please feel free to check out the rest of my work on my Instagram account:

Thanks so much for reading!

Attachments

• 318087483_9132766813416114_1423678072872918138_n.jpg
    318087483_9132766813416114_1423678072872918138_n.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 318137700_487393430152445_5832940714321343105_n.jpg
    318137700_487393430152445_5832940714321343105_n.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 152

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum! Great picture and very cool that you’ve met the Emira team through work.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a car designer based in Surrey, UK. Sadly I don't have an Emira on order, but I'd love a Lotus one day! :ROFLMAO:
I've been lucky enough to meet the designer of the Emira at work, and attended the launch event at Bell & Colvill which was cool.

Outside of work, I draw pictures of cars on commission for people, and recently drew this lovely blue Emira.

Welcome to the forum! Love your work!! :cool:

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi!

So happy you posted. Because you’re an artist you should be an expert on this. To what end are we tilting our photos and drawings at an angle. Please explain.
The old guys on the c8 forum do this all the time it makes me want to neck punch myself in the neck.

Last edited:

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Welcome to the Emira Forum! Excellent work (y)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
So happy you posted. Because you’re an artist you should be an expert on this. To what end are we tilting our photos and drawings at an angle. Please explain.
The old guys on the c8 forum do this all the time it makes me want to neck punch myself in the neck.

It's called JDM angels y0!

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's common among artists (particularly commercial artists) when sharing an example of their work, because it doesn't lend itself as easily to image cropping and mass redistribution in other contexts without payment or correct credit/attribution.

The internet is a minefield for those engaged in any meaningful creative pursuit that they'd like to both 1. share with others and also 2. retain ownership/control over their work product.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's common among artists (particularly commercial artists) when sharing an example of their work, because it doesn't lend itself as easily to image cropping and mass redistribution in other contexts without payment or correct credit/attribution.

The internet is a minefield for those engaged in any meaningful creative pursuit that they'd like to both 1. share with others and also 2. retain ownership/control over their work product.
Then I’ll allow it. My wife’s an artist. RESPECT opee

OP
Harry3099

Harry3099

Reaction score
Echoing the comment above, I'm often forced to take photos of my drawings at strange angles because the pencil crayon often reflects light in pictures - this makes the drawing look patchy and strange. I have to try and capture the drawing at an angle that shows it off best :) I actually do a lot of car photography in my free time, I'd never tilt the camera when doing that!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi!

Fantastic work!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi!

Welcome to the Launch/Wait/Comisserate party.
Love the art on IG. You had me at the Lotus Esprit.
Cool multi-panel treatments.
Be forewarned: this Forum is a time commitment!

vision

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the Launch/Wait/Comisserate party.
Love the art on IG. You had me at the Lotus Esprit.
Cool multi-panel treatments.
Be forewarned: this Forum is a time commitment!
Really!! buy a car then talk about it, this is not a marketing platform to sell stuff / your business

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Really!! buy a car then talk about it, this is not a marketing platform to sell stuff / your business

Be nice. This is in the new member intro section and @Harry3099 is clearly passionate about his work AND cars! Plus he met Russell Carr and attended a launch event. This isn't some scammer selling bootleg t-shirts.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Moderator post

There is no issue with genuine forum members offering items for sale.

These should be posted in the Marketplace sub-forum and be in accordance with the Marketplace rules:

@Harry3099 I know your initial post was intended as an introduction but that has strayed into people asking about commissions and pricing. Can you please create a new post in Marketplace about picture commissions. When I see that’s done I’ll edit this thread accordingly.

Edit: thread now edited

Last edited:
OP
Harry3099

Harry3099

Reaction score
Apologies if this has come across as a sales pitch and annoyed anybody, first and foremost I'm a huge car enthusiast and all of my creative hobbies revolve around cars. I drew the blue Emira for fun, posted it on Reddit and somebody suggested I share it here to show people. I figured it might be interesting for people to see rather than purely posting here as a sales pitch. If anybody is interested in a drawing, it's totally up to them to approach me and ask if they'd like. There's no pressure to buy on my end, sorry if it has come across that way.

I'll happily start a thread in the marketplace area if anybody would like to discuss.

Lotus is a brand I've been passionate about from a very young age and I absolutely aspire to own one someday, whether that's an Emira or a different model, so it is genuinely out of passion, and not just to show my work, that I am here :)