Buying a used Emira in the UK

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There's been some discussion already about cars being sold straight away after delivery. Some are flippers looking to make a profit and some are people whose circumstances have changed since putting down a deposit a year ago. With a 15+ month waiting list for new orders, it's likely these no/low mileage cars will be advertised at a premium. There have been a few whispers of people asking or offering as high as £100k, but I think most will be in the £90k range.

For others who want to shortcut the waiting list and are prepared to wait a few months, remember the UK dealer demo cars will remain owned by Lotus and they will rotate them after about 5-6 months and sell them. So that'll be around Jan/Feb 2023 on current delivery timelines.

I don't know if those resales will be handled centrally, as part of this new direct model, or if they'll be offered to dealers to re-sell. I know Lotus will be looking to price them around the market rate at the time, as they don't want to undermine values. So they may be above list if the market is hot. If you see one a dealer demo in a spec you like, then it might be worth expressing an early interest to the dealer and/or Hethel.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Happy birthday for Tommorow, when you blow out the candles (provided you have the lungs to blow out all 48) make a wish , wish for all of us to hear something very soon 😄
I may just go shopping for Jaguars and pipe and slippers

Reactions: ADC
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Take your false teeth and hearing aids out and you can tour in an exige 😅
I’m doing 15 hours in mine over 3 days this weekend - can’t wait! I may be cursing the lack of aircon by Sunday.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just did 3000 miles in my s2 exige in 10 days - s3 exige is more hospitable from what I have been told - no issues for me.. seats are super comfy (carbon) and you just take the roof off :)

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There's been some discussion already about cars being sold straight away after delivery. Some are flippers looking to make a profit and some are people whose circumstances have changed since putting down a deposit a year ago. With a 15+ month waiting list for new orders, it's likely these no/low mileage cars will be advertised at a premium. There have been a few whispers of people asking or offering as high as £100k, but I think most will be in the £90k range.

For others who want to shortcut the waiting list and are prepared to wait a few months, remember the UK dealer demo cars will remain owned by Lotus and they will rotate them after about 5-6 months and sell them. So that'll be around Jan/Feb 2023 on current delivery timelines.

I don't know if those resales will be handled centrally, as part of this new direct model, or if they'll be offered to dealers to re-sell. I know Lotus will be looking to price them around the market rate at the time, as they don't want to undermine values. So they may be above list if the market is hot. If you see one a dealer demo in a spec you like, then it might be worth expressing an early interest to the dealer and/or Hethel.
To be clear, you are saying flippers will get offers of £90k as a purchase price.......and not £90k over the invoice price?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
£90k purchase price, not overage

OUI131

Reaction score
Did a WEBUYANYCAR. on my April delivered defender 90 and it was £18k more than I paid, however the defender was bought to tow the trailer for the Emira (covered trailer arrived already) just need something to fill the trailer, however if I dont like it….WEBUYANYCAR can have it