Behind the scenes of the Evija advert

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The colors, imagery and sounds are nice, but the idea of going from the primitive on the beach to the Evija just doesn't work for me. Too great of a disparity between the two. They don't connect as an image or a philosophy.

For a futuristic electric hyper car, I would have gone with a meteorite falling from space, creating a hotspot on the ground of molten rock/metal splattering into the air, combined with lots of electricity, ala a Tesla coil or something along those lines. Have the electricity connecting to all the bits of raw matter flung up into the air, and as it all settles and cools down, out of the glowing matter the Evija forms. Flickers of electricity flowing and moving over its surfaces until it stops. All that could have an equally dramatic sound track.

Imagery like that would fit what the car is and what it represents; the future of electric high performance. The other ad is nice, but if a barefoot primitive on the beach wearing a loincloth can create an Evija, he wouldn't be barefoot on the beach wearing a loincloth.

That's my take on it. Not a bad ad, just not the right product for it.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Intriguing manufacturing process, may be they're doing this on the Emira too and have just realised it doesn't scale well.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don't quite get why they create an advert for the Evija at all. Surely for a total market of 20 people worldwide there's a better targeted approach. (e.g. hand out swag at Davos or the Monaco F1 race) Would be nice if Lotus would concentrate more on actually building cars, but hey what do I know.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't quite get why they create an advert for the Evija at all. Surely for a total market of 20 people worldwide there's a better targeted approach. (e.g. hand out swag at Davos or the Monaco F1 race) Would be nice if Lotus would concentrate more on actually building cars, but hey what do I know.
Probably brand equity for Lotus.

Same reason Ferrari / Lamborghini release PR for limited edition cars sold out before being announced - and also send them out for review - the 'new' countach being a recent example.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Evija with a large side of cultural appropriation for me please
If I was buying an Evija I would show up at the factory on collection day dressed like this:

1657822471518.png

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The colors, imagery and sounds are nice, but the idea of going from the primitive on the beach to the Evija just doesn't work for me. Too great of a disparity between the two. They don't connect as an image or a philosophy.

For a futuristic electric hyper car, I would have gone with a meteorite falling from space, creating a hotspot on the ground of molten rock/metal splattering into the air, combined with lots of electricity, ala a Tesla coil or something along those lines. Have the electricity connecting to all the bits of raw matter flung up into the air, and as it all settles and cools down, out of the glowing matter the Evija forms. Flickers of electricity flowing and moving over its surfaces until it stops. All that could have an equally dramatic sound track.

Imagery like that would fit what the car is and what it represents; the future of electric high performance. The other ad is nice, but if a barefoot primitive on the beach wearing a loincloth can create an Evija, he wouldn't be barefoot on the beach wearing a loincloth.

That's my take on it. Not a bad ad, just not the right product for it.
Primitive man confused, thought cars powered by dinosaur juice.