Anyone doing the factory tour w/c 6 June?

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
More comments about DV looking classy! That's great, but is it more or less black? Can you tell it's a green car from 50 meters?
In light conditions, you can. It's very dark/rich green. You simply have to see it imv......oh, sorry I said that!

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
More comments about DV looking classy! That's great, but is it more or less black? Can you tell it's a green car from 50 meters?
We saw it in the well lit factory and yes it is definitely (dark) green at 50m. In reduced light it might be harder to tell but I have not seen it in those conditions.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I cant even tell if its an emira from 50m, never mind the colour / color....... :)
10BD38F3-A204-4142-832F-27EA0A4ECDB1.gif

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was anyone on the factory tours today?

Any insight on whether production of customer cars has started?

Evira

Reaction score
Was anyone on the factory tours today?

Any insight on whether production of customer cars has started?
I haven’t been on the factory tour, but enquired about one over the phone with Lotus Customer Care this afternoon, the chap I spoke to said that customer cars may be starting production next week!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I haven’t been on the factory tour, but enquired about one over the phone with Lotus Customer Care this afternoon, the chap I spoke to said that customer cars may be starting production next week!
We have heard that one before!!!

I bet mainstream production actually starts in July. June will be dealer demos at best!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So what was the big deal about a June 7th embargo, if not to announce car photos or production initiation? Why keep media on a leash?
I guess we will know within 24 hours , in part or whole .

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Press embargoes are often linked to print magazine publication timings so are monthly. Lotus might have wanted to do publicity a week earlier or later but usually fit in with press timetables for major items like first drive reviews. It’s a carefully choreographed process between the car manufacturers and press.

Breaking news like start of production would probably be a direct announcement from Lotus.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That's cutting things fine for July deliveries.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It takes just over a day start to finish to build a car and full productivity is 25 cars a day - say 15 during early ramp up.

I believe they’re only delivering 200 customer cars in July plus the UK dealer demo cars (say 50). So they could start build on 1 July and still deliver them all by end July. But I’ll be getting nervous if we don’t see customer/dealer cars in build by 17 June.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It takes just over a day start to finish to build a car and full productivity is 25 cars a day - say 15 during early ramp up.

I believe they’re only delivering 200 customer cars in July plus the UK dealer demo cars (say 50). So they could start build on 1 July and still deliver them all by end July. But I’ll be getting nervous if we don’t see customer/dealer cars in build by 17 June.
Once a car is finished it needs to be PDI'ed registered and delivered so I'd add a week at least. My Polestar which didn't even need PDI'ing took 2 weeks.
I would have thought we would know by know an actual production date. One other thing to bare in mind is we are expecting a call from Lotus 4 weeks prior... so first week in July already gone

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’d factored the week for PDI/delivery into my calc. 16 days to build 250 cars from 1-22 July. Dealer cars will be first, so customer cars would be 6 July onwards. They’ll need to start calling today…

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’d factored the week for PDI/delivery into my calc. 16 days to build 250 cars from 1-22 July. Dealer cars will be first, so customer cars would be 6 July onwards. They’ll need to start calling today…
Oh dear, I was just starting to feel cautiously optimistic about July deliveries happening on the grounds that Lotus must know by now if there are going to be any further delays due to parts shortages etc. Fingers crossed some calls start happening very soon!

Incidentally in my chat with CS yesterday I asked where I was in the deposit queue. They couldn't say other than I was in the first 170 - my guess is that is the size of the July batch of customer cars.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s useful info re 170. I’d heard from another source about 220 cars to be built in July, which seemed a very specific number. That fits with 50 dealer + 170 customer.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe I'm in the top 270 or so and was told I'd just missed the July cut off, so will be August delivery. For reference. I don't know if that includes i4 orders too? If so, then that all sounds about right for targets at least.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just messaged Lotus CS, To let them know that should they be looking for me in regards to payment and collection of the vehicle, They may not be able to reach me, so they should leave a message or email

They responded within five minutes to say that there was nothing I needed to do at this time. I was a July 7 deposit so it may be that I don’t hear anything for a few weeks

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Have they told you if you are July or Aug delivery? I thought deposits up to end of 6 July were July delivery and 7 July onwards were Aug delivery, but the split may not be neatly at the end of a day.