• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone attending the event at Endeavour at Colchester this week

FloraFauna

Reaction score
I am - at 2pm.
I had a look at the dealership (and believe it or not actually bought a Santa Fe from them many years ago) to see what other Lotus they had. There was a Fire Red Evora outside which looked great - dealership was shut so couldn't see the inside cars very well. Someone approached me and we got talking, he said Lotus have told them nothing so far!
Looking forward to seeing the blue car but the blue is probably the only colour I'm definitely not getting. Sigh.

OP
Billyidoliser

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am - at 2pm.
I had a look at the dealership (and believe it or not actually bought a Santa Fe from them many years ago) to see what other Lotus they had. There was a Fire Red Evora outside which looked great - dealership was shut so couldn't see the inside cars very well. Someone approached me and we got talking, he said Lotus have told them nothing so far!
Looking forward to seeing the blue car but the blue is probably the only colour I'm definitely not getting. Sigh.
Hi
Very much looking forward to seeing the car even if its a "mule" will give an idea of its proportions, height etc. The seneca blue is a colour I'm considering, along with magma and the dark grey but that could all change...... again😂! Still mulling over manual or auto, have read some negatives of both! Was going to wait for the AMG 2.0, but now think not as I believe I can run the V6 until the i4 is available and if I prefer the V6 will keep it and probably lose very little if I sell! Have a great day at endeavour 👌

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm going there on Saturday morning at 10am, it's a slightly unofficial visit as they had run out of the official times on the weekdays, they have sneaked a few extra slots in before Lotus take the car away at lunchtime! I saw the car at Goodwood so just need to see the colours, not that the small discs will tell me much!!. Good to hear there is a red Emira there which might give me some clues as I'm leaning towards red if it is a good red!. Definitely a V6 manual though!

FloraFauna

Reaction score
A red Emira would be great to see as its currently my preferred option although I am also tending to going V6 base + options so I can really, definitely get exactly what I want although it would sadly not be until 2023.

JumboJet

Reaction score
Have my slot booked at 10.00am, anyone else from here going?
Hi Billy, Delightful meeting you & your wife on Friday morning at Endeavour. I really enjoyed myself & was able to firm up on my spec ( not that there’s any rush for i4), ‘Back to Blue’, think I’ll follow you on the light grey interior & even the lotus flower wheels are growing on me now!
Dont know if you spoke to Lotus Sales Manager UK, Scott Walker but he was top of his game & gave detailed replies to all my dumb questions. Having got the factory email event email a few hours later, I am now going to Hethel to see the car once again next Thursday evening. My wife seems quite excited by the prospect-must be the offer of free champagne!
Hope to see you on the road next year in our matching Blue Smurfs.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi Billy, Delightful meeting you & your wife on Friday morning at Endeavour. I really enjoyed myself & was able to firm up on my spec ( not that there’s any rush for i4), ‘Back to Blue’, think I’ll follow you on the light grey interior & even the lotus flower wheels are growing on me now!
Dont know if you spoke to Lotus Sales Manager UK, Scott Walker but he was top of his game & gave detailed replies to all my dumb questions. Having got the factory email event email a few hours later, I am now going to Hethel to see the car once again next Thursday evening. My wife seems quite excited by the prospect-must be the offer of free champagne!
Love the smurf comparison.

Vetracer

Reaction score
Hi All

I hope everyone enjoyed seeing the prototype car.

I visited Endeavour in Colchester this weekend. Very friendly guys at the dealership who were on hand to provide information and their personal opinions. When the car was being driven out to be put back on the trailer, I could actually see the paintwork in natural light and admire the shape from a distance. I‘ve chosen this initial press release spec and the only change I’ll consider making is to swap the alcantara for leather because although this car won’t accommodate my children until they’re older, leather is much more forgiving.

I wish there was the option to get the black air intakes at the front and sides and the rear diffuser area in carbon fibre.

I’m looking forward to getting the call to spec the car. Pics attached.

Attachments

• 52DBA3AB-4BFB-40D7-8867-D466411B964E.jpeg
    52DBA3AB-4BFB-40D7-8867-D466411B964E.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 0E5529D9-71F9-4C4C-8023-5F8B2EFC3E44.jpeg
    0E5529D9-71F9-4C4C-8023-5F8B2EFC3E44.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 133
  • 5A93F7CC-8221-409A-9113-2C93181CFF0D.jpeg
    5A93F7CC-8221-409A-9113-2C93181CFF0D.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

I hope everyone enjoyed seeing the prototype car.

I visited Endeavour in Colchester this weekend. Very friendly guys at the dealership who were on had to provide information and their personal opinions. When the car was being driven out to be put back on the trailer, I could actually see the paintwork in natural light and admire the shape from a distance. I‘ve chosen this initial press release spec and the only change I’ll consider making is to swap the alcantara for leather because although this car won’t accommodate my children until they’re older, leather is much more forgiving.

I wish there was the option to get the black air intakes at the front and sides and the rear diffuser area in carbon fibre.

I’m looking forward to getting the call to spec the car. Pics attached.
Thanks for sharing the new views. Daylight gives it a different look than the showroom scenes we've become accustomed to.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yellow and red Exiges at Endeavour compared to Emira colours.
I like the yellow but being solid I don’t think it shows off the curves as well as the metallics

Attachments

• 2A21B5BD-2F26-4BB5-8855-5BA29DFB1E09.jpeg
    2A21B5BD-2F26-4BB5-8855-5BA29DFB1E09.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 53E62FC5-21B8-4D9A-B811-C79618B4758F.jpeg
    53E62FC5-21B8-4D9A-B811-C79618B4758F.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 89
  • C3237234-FD6E-4050-82C6-1E8D2B3A2B0F.jpeg
    C3237234-FD6E-4050-82C6-1E8D2B3A2B0F.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 3F81B77B-E638-458C-8BA9-FF0597B940D0.jpeg
    3F81B77B-E638-458C-8BA9-FF0597B940D0.jpeg
    442.2 KB · Views: 99

JumboJet

Reaction score
Yellow and red Exiges at Endeavour compared to Emira colours.
I like the yellow but being solid I don’t think it shows off the curves as well as the metallics
I realised when I saw the red & yellow Exiges outside, then again from your photos, that it doesn’t matter which car is ‘modelling’ the colours. The red & yellow & presumably the other Emira colours are almost identical to what has gone before on earlier Lotus cars.
Be it Emira, Exige or Evora, they are sports cars, you can immediately tell what an Emira will look like in any of the colours, simple.
personal opinion on colours:
Blue-Smurf blue, dramatic.
Yellow-great shade, dramatic.
Red- dull red, no Ferrari, lacking vitality.
Green-black
Grey-dull as ditchwater, does car no favours, small & insignificant, seen on road at Goodwood.
Nimbus-silver.

OP
Billyidoliser

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jumbo
Yes great to meet you and spend some time with similarly enthused people. I think I've (we've) decided on Seneca blue, no black pack, yellow calipers, alcantara with yellow stitch and V6 manual. Off to Hethel Saturday so could all change, LOL!!