Andretti Lotus F1 Team

LotusRising

Reaction score
I know this is just a fanboy pipe dream but wouldn’t it be fantastic?
Reunite the Andretti name and the history of the type 79/JPS with Lotus again. It just makes too much sense. You have a competent racing team that is begging to get into F1. Some of the media reports say they want to take manufacturers only. You have a billionaire Chinese owner who is competitive but seems to understand the importance of delegating and not over managing. Think of the political impact. We would have the Chinese, Americans, and a good chunk of Britain rooting for the same F1 team. I think the United Nations needs to step in and make this happen for global stability :) You could have Colton Herta and Zhou Guanyu as the drivers!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Shame Toto and counterparts don't want the pie divided any further. If the team doesn't add to the business, it won't go through. The sad state of f1 greed.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know this is just a fanboy pipe dream but wouldn’t it be fantastic?
Reunite the Andretti name and the history of the type 79/JPS with Lotus again. It just makes too much sense. You have a competent racing team that is begging to get into F1. Some of the media reports say they want to take manufacturers only. You have a billionaire Chinese owner who is competitive but seems to understand the importance of delegating and not over managing. Think of the political impact. We would have the Chinese, Americans, and a good chunk of Britain rooting for the same F1 team. I think the United Nations needs to step in and make this happen for global stability :) You could have Colton Herta and Zhou Guanyu as the drivers!
Indeed, it is a pipe dream and you can think of all of the reasons why it won't happen, not least being that none of the major figures you mention would want it to. The one good thing is that manufacturers are never involved long term, Ferrari being the only exception. At that point when they have exited, there are then opportunities for competent racing teams to be involved, providing that they have a sound strategic plan and the $200m joining fee.

Last edited: