An ode to roads.

ToonFan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did a quick thing.

What would you guys like to see on a website that showcased roads "for the drivers"? Itineraries? Photos? Rankings/ratings? This is just a list but I've collected a lot of media and experiences so I'm wondering what to do with it all.
I just checked out your webpage. The answer is all of it. photos, video, et al. Great shots for all of the different locations. I've added the WY-296 to my Grand Tour next summer.

_w_

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did a quick thing.

What would you guys like to see on a website that showcased roads "for the drivers"? Itineraries? Photos? Rankings/ratings? This is just a list but I've collected a lot of media and experiences so I'm wondering what to do with it all.
I just get a page from wix saying the domain isn’t connected to a site 🤔

OP
GetawayDriving

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just get a page from wix saying the domain isn’t connected to a site 🤔

Oops! Looks like I jumped the gun. I thought it had fully propagated across the web. I directed this away from Wix and toward a new site last night. Probably needs a little more time for some.

Reactions: _w_

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For me, it would be route planning. Say I wanted to drive from the UK to northern Italy, how many of these passes/roads could I squeeze in a trip.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool page @GetawayDriving! Needs some sort of top navigation though (no pun intended). Most folks don't scroll past what's called the "first fold" of a page, so you want all your nav and main info top and center. Always check mobile view on both Android and iOS too. Just some feedback as a professional web designer and manager. Cool idea for a page! I'd love to sync up some day and go on one of these epic drives. :)

OP
GetawayDriving

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Cool page @GetawayDriving! Needs some sort of top navigation though (no pun intended). Most folks don't scroll past what's called the "first fold" of a page, so you want all your nav and main info top and center. Always check mobile view on both Android and iOS too. Just some feedback as a professional web designer and manager. Cool idea for a page! I'd love to sync up some day and go on one of these epic drives. :)

Thank you. For now it's just a placeholder. Eventually I'll do more with this, which is why I was asking what people would want out of a site dedicated to roads. I'm sitting on a pile of captured media and lived experience that I'd hate to waste, but it keeps getting back-burnered for more lucrative pursuits. I've been tinkering with an XD project for what feels like years, lots of starts and stops.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did a quick thing.

Great idea. I'd like to see photos, videos, route map and maybe a route-book style turn by turn guide, downloadable navigation file (GPX/ITN), some categories you can search/filter on (twistiness, tarmac quality, scenery), maybe some info on local places along the route for visiting, food and drink, accommodation.