Am I deluded?

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve got a manual V6 on order. Due for production in June and delivery in July. I’ve got a problem with delivery in July, because I am due a hip replacement on the 26th of June and won’t be able to drive until mid August. My plan is to opt for factory collection. This is mainly for the sake of my wife, since I’ve been to Hethel a few times, but not since the new factory was built (I run the NORLOG website).
Since the beginning of May, I’ve been trying to get in touch with LCC to either pull the delivery forward or push it back. I’m not really interested in home delivery or dealer collection. As you may gather, I think I may get the sensible answer from them the week after the Pope gets married.

Am I deluded in making such a request to Lotus to either pull the car delivery forward by a couple of weeks or push it back by 6 to 8 weeks?

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve got a manual V6 on order. Due for production in June and delivery in July. I’ve got a problem with delivery in July, because I am due a hip replacement on the 26th of June and won’t be able to drive until mid August. My plan is to opt for factory collection. This is mainly for the sake of my wife, since I’ve been to Hethel a few times, but not since the new factory was built (I run the NORLOG website).
Since the beginning of May, I’ve been trying to get in touch with LCC to either pull the delivery forward or push it back. I’m not really interested in home delivery or dealer collection. As you may gather, I think I may get the sensible answer from them the week after the Pope gets married.

Am I deluded in making such a request to Lotus to either pull the car delivery forward by a couple of weeks or push it back by 6 to 8 weeks?
Err....forward you can forget it, but back sure I don't see why not

Last edited:
OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Trouble is, LCC are so rubbish, I can’t get them to confirm anything. I’ve had 3 different solutions from 3 different people, non confirmed.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You won't be getting it early, but I cannot see why you cannot have it later... Your dates are the same as mine, i hope we can sort the paper work next week, then select a collection day from the factory. Perhaps you can select a date far in the future at that point. Someone here may be able to check this if they are checking out

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Typically you get to pick from 3 dates spread over a 2-3 week period when you get to checkout.

Deferring for longer than that may be more difficult. I’ve heard them mentioning storage costs when people have raised this in the past, but think that was for cars going out via BCA for dealer or home delivery.

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know getting delivered early will be “a problem”, but it should be possible.
Rather than have it stored, they could also delay production. Since I can’t drive till mid August, I could pick it up in Early September?
Part of the problem is that I don’t know if mine is early July or late July delivery. Early July to early September may be a different solution to late July to early September.
I’m so unbelievably frustrated with LCC. Different answer with every person I speak to.

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’d love to have a conversation with someone who actually gave a f*** in Lotus.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Based on the US deliveries thread, I think 99% of the US depositors would happily take delivery ahead of you to help out ;)

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’d love to have a conversation with someone who actually gave a f*** in Lotus.
I have said on several threads, unless your car is in the window which the guys in CS know about they cant seem to help. Its like they have not had your 'project' to deal with handed over yet and until they do there's no chance of any info.
They chased me as I didn't check out after the email landed initially. Based on what I have read and my experience so far this seems like the most logical explanation.......

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That may be true. My car is due for build in June (soon) which begins in 6 days - I wonder when the "window" opens? I hope the window has a safety catch - I may be tempted to jump out.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That may be true. My car is due for build in June (soon) which begins in 6 days - I wonder when the "window" opens? I hope the window has a safety catch - I may be tempted to jump out.
Worst case, take home delivery imo. Do a tour when you back on your feet. I wouldn’t risk them delaying me again tbh lol

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You could just go ahead with factory collection and have a helpful forum member drive the car home for you, then garage it until you’re able to use it.

You’d even have a few people offering to fly over from the US to do it.
Wouldn't work - the car is mine and my wife's and we're both going to the factory. She'd drive it back!

You could drive the Defender back ...

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Worst case, take home delivery imo. Do a tour when you back on your feet. I wouldn’t risk them delaying me again tbh lol
Difficult one really. I've been round Hethel a couple of times (but not the new facility), so its mainly the "magic" of collecting it there that excites me. Like most, I've waited a while. I'd like the end of the process to be worth the wait.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Difficult one really. I've been round Hethel a couple of times (but not the new facility), so its mainly the "magic" of collecting it there that excites me. Like most, I've waited a while. I'd like the end of the process to be worth the wait.
Yeah, fair enough, I get you.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I don’t see why dealer delivery wouldn’t be a good compromise. They could showroom it until you’re ready.

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still try to get an answer from Lotus first. Bringing a dealer into the loop and then asking them to hold on to it for a while just adds a layer of complexity that need not be there.
Surely, it would help Lotus if they delayed my production and made someone else happy by bringing theirs forward? Or is that too simple?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just buy the car and have someone collect it from the factory or delivery to home. Otherwise you’ll likely end up at the back of the line.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm still try to get an answer from Lotus first. Bringing a dealer into the loop and then asking them to hold on to it for a while just adds a layer of complexity that need not be there.
Surely, it would help Lotus if they delayed my production and made someone else happy by bringing theirs forward? Or is that too simple?
You would think so, but Lotus seem unable to do this. It's still very production-driven and once your car is scheduled into a build slot it seems impossible to reschedule it. Once they are built they don't want to have to store them any longer than necessary.