• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Aluminum door sills?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Saw these on the Hungarian display review video and realized that none of the pre-production cars I've seen had this, nor was it on the grey "dynamic prototype" car that toured the US last year. Nor was it on the more recent grey car that was shown at LOG41 and then in Texas, to my knowledge.

1664815274212.png

Very cool, and a nice touch.

OP
Porter

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's sad that something so basic like this isn't just standard. I still remember actually laughing out loud when I saw the video showing that we will get "LED LIGHTING!".

Yeah, welcome to 2010.
I mean, apparently it is standard? At least, on the FE I guess it will be. It's just not something I've seen pictures of yet.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was on the Seneca Blue show car.

Also on the production demo car at B&C on Saturday:

IMG_0884.JPG

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does the production car have puddle lights? Could have sworn there was discussion of those at one point.

OP
Porter

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You sure you haven’t just missed it?
This was the show car that I saw in September ‘21.

View attachment 9434
Right but that one is etched, not debossed. Different design. Also that sill wasn't on the demonstrator car that came overseas, and I haven't seen it since, so I assumed that (like the dash contrast stitching) it just didn't make it to the production design.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Loads of cars have it.