A good car video - The Problem with Porsche

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Lol! Did you watch the video? He literally lost track on run 6! Said he thought it was run 8.

I didn't make the video...just posted it. He said Porsche said the car could run a 2.9, but they recorded a 2.6. This is not just a Carrera/GTS. This was a Turbo S.
There was a 992 Turbo S did a 2.1 second 0-60.
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/the-220000-porsche-911-turbo-s-lightweight-does-0-60mph-in-2-1-sec-and-¼-mile-in-9-9-sec-in-cds-test/amp/

But my posting that video was more about the car doing multiple back to back launches. Let's just say 50 then and say they lied 😛 or added more for effect. I think it's pretty phenomenal as I'm not sure many other cars could do it, with the same consistency and no issues.
As to my Turbo S, I have no idea how fast I could get to 60. It's already too fast. If the mods shaved off 0.1 seconds, I'd never know. What I DO know is that I'd smoke every single Emira without even trying! Oh, I like corners too 😈🤣
ahhhhhhh/// TTS is turbo S..... sorry, had not seen that mature nomenclature before hah.

yes the turbo is amazing...... as many say, probably too good..... people are suckers for an undergod dog.... ie a terrible product that they wish were better.. and not the perfect one that cant get much better

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I used to drive all types of Porsches everyday when I was a technician for them in florida. I've launched the turbo S a number of times along with all the other cars. If I could have any of them, it would be a GT3, and after that probably a GTS or something that is naturally aspirated. The turbo cars are fun, but not as fun as revving out the regular-engined cars.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
ahhhhhhh/// TTS is turbo S..... sorry, had not seen that mature nomenclature before hah.

yes the turbo is amazing...... as many say, probably too good..... people are suckers for an undergod dog.... ie a terrible product that they wish were better.. and not the perfect one that cant get much better
Hahah! I was wondering why you were lumping the TTS with the GTS!

I thought.. Surely Emiraspain knows were not talking about the same car here! He's WAY more knowledgeable than I am!!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Hahah! I was wondering why you were lumping the TTS with the GTS!

I thought.. Surely Emiraspain knows were not talking about the same car here! He's WAY more knowledgeable than I am!!
No he's really not... haha
all talk and no substance.... just like Piers Morgan... not quite as provokingly nasty though