5 out of 6 FE Emira colours are National Racing Colours...

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It recently occurred to me that Seneca Blue is very like French racing blue, see photos below. The Jaguar colour is actually called "French Racing Blue" and the Renault Gordini is in a typical French racing blue.

You can read up on all the National Racing colours here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_auto_racing_colours

Red - Italy, hence historic use and common for Alfa and Ferrari even today.
Green - Great Britain, Verdant is darker than BRG but still qualifies for me!
Blue - France, check out Ligier F1, historic French F1 cars, Alpines and Gordinis
Silver - Germany, previously white, changed early on to bare metal or silver.
Yellow - Belgium

So, Lotus need to get 10 Emiras, two in each of the 5 colours above, pick 10 top drivers from all types of racing making sure 2 British, 2 German, 2 French, etc, stick some numbers on and go racing!!!

1636312336015.jpeg

1636312369181.jpeg

1636312457946.jpeg

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It recently occurred to me that Seneca Blue is very like French racing blue, see photos below. The Jaguar colour is actually called "French Racing Blue" and the Renault Gordini is in a typical French racing blue.

You can read up on all the National Racing colours here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_auto_racing_colours

Blue - France, check out Ligier F1, historic F1 Alpines and Gordinis
Yellow - Belgium

So, Lotus need to get 10 Emiras, two in each of the 5 colours above, pick 10 top drivers from all types of racing making sure 2 British, 2 German, 2 French, etc, stick some numbers on and go racing!!!

View attachment 1188

View attachment 1189

View attachment 1190
Intriguing premise, and very cool.

Auto Smiler

Reaction score

Blue - France, check out Ligier F1, historic French F1 cars, Alpines and Gordinis
Yellow - Belgium

View attachment 1188

View attachment 1189

View attachment 1190
Great idea, who could we nominate to drive them (Hamilton & Norris for UK)? Belgium might struggle..

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They just need to add Holland (orange) and Germany's historic colour (white), and we'll be all set.
bring in red and yellow and I'll chip in Fernando Alonso an Carlos Sainz from Spain!
Gonna be fun against Hamilton and Lando, and specially after Mad Max shows up with the Orange one!
😎