• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New interior detail photos

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some new detailed photos of a China market Emira. I figured some of you would appreciate these shots as I haven't seen many good interior photos in natural light.

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChwFkmGLBKqAU_O7ADdHWcOh1Jc099.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChwFkmGLsr-AERAGAB6uUptKKlQ502.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChwFkmGLsr-AMq2GABWF4Wuw3dU079.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChwFkmGLsryATlwqABVbdegtHL0458.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChxkmmGLsryAVs45ABpKbxIWN-c437.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChxkmmGLsrSADZIGAB21m5-GHdI776.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChwFkmGLssGAPLWmAB7xfwF1SL4802.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChwFkmGLsrOACDm4ABRFfsIqolE773.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChwFkmGLsr-AXWadABwqGY9yfdY645.jpg

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChxkmmGLBKuANgnZACKAQVSKcCc545.jpg

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here are some new detailed photos of a China market Emira. I figured some of you would appreciate these shots as I haven't seen many good interior photos in natural light.

View attachment 1241
View attachment 1242
View attachment 1243
View attachment 1244
View attachment 1245
View attachment 1246
View attachment 1247
View attachment 1248
View attachment 1250
View attachment 1251
Man that Blue seems to change color every time I see it. Can't decide if I love it or not?

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I like it.. just not sure if I can see myself in a car that color. I'd prefer it to be a bit darker, like Porsche's sapphire blue.

IMG-8254.jpg
I agree, it's a little too baby blue as is. If it were this Sapphire Blue, I think my mind would be made up already.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 1241
View attachment 1242
View attachment 1243
View attachment 1244
View attachment 1245
View attachment 1246
View attachment 1247
View attachment 1248
View attachment 1250
View attachment 1251
Hmm those seats. Configurator has "LOTUS" on the seats. This has "EMIRA". I like LOTUS better.. anyone know what is final?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hmm those seats. Configurator has "LOTUS" on the seats. This has "EMIRA". I like LOTUS better.. anyone know what is final?
That’s China-specific badging as they can’t use “LOTUS” for copyright reasons.. Also visible on the nose badge and wheel centres and calipers, where it says “Lotus Nyo”.

For all other markets the seats will say LOTUS.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The instrument display is a lot darker, at least we can now see a representative screen that isn’t saturated, even if it is on the wrong side 🤔😁

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That’s China-specific badging as they can’t use “LOTUS” for copyright reasons.. Also visible on the nose badge and wheel centres and calipers, where it says “Lotus Nyo”.

For all other markets the seats will say LOTUS.
Anyone from China want to do a seat logo swap? :)

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In a perfect world, I would have preferred no stuck on iPad. Just can't get used to that look...
I was really disappointed in the Emira interior when I saw it at B&C - such a let down to have such a boring interior on a good-looking car. But that screen was the deal-breaker for me. It's just stuck on! - my wife assumed it was just a removable iPad. Clearly I'm in the minority, but I think it looks absolutely horrendous and has no place in a sports car, let alone one which supposedly has 'supercar' pretentions. Cancelled my order the next day.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was really disappointed in the Emira interior when I saw it at B&C - such a let down to have such a boring interior on a good-looking car. But that screen was the deal-breaker for me. It's just stuck on! - my wife assumed it was just a removable iPad. Clearly I'm in the minority, but I think it looks absolutely horrendous and has no place in a sports car, let alone one which supposedly has 'supercar' pretentions. Cancelled my order the next day.
I can’t relate to the feeling of being so turned off by this (inoffensive) interior that I would cancel the order. Have you seen McLaren interiors?

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I don’t know much but I’m pretty sure my Evora “back seat” is stuck on…

But I wouldn’t imagine that set-up you saw to be the final product.

Much more refinement to do for sure.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fair enough... if everyone liked the same thing, the world would be a boring place. I'd say this particular stuck on screen is much better executed than many I have seen.

Without defending it too much, I'd say one person's "boring" is another person's "focussed and unfussy"... I found it to have a good balance of premium vs practical vs cmon-lets-ditch-work-and-hit-the-track *shrug* :)

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I can’t relate to the feeling of being so turned off by this (inoffensive) interior that I would cancel the order. Have you seen McLaren interiors?
I should probably have kept quiet, but yes, it left me completely cold. I was quite upset - I had an early deposit down and really wanted to love this car.

Maybe it's just me, but a McLaren interior looks and feels so much more 'designed' and driver-focused:

Used-2019-McLaren-720S-Performance.jpg

I don't want to be over-negative or anything - and I realise that I'm in the minority in finding a whopping great iPad stuck on the car a turn-off - so I'll chip out at this point!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I should probably have kept quiet, but yes, it left me completely cold. I was quite upset - I had an early deposit down and really wanted to love this car.

Maybe it's just me, but a McLaren interior looks and feels so much more 'designed' and driver-focused:

View attachment 1277
I don't want to be over-negative or anything - and I realise that I'm in the minority in finding a whopping great iPad stuck on the car a turn-off - so I'll chip out at this point!
You certainly should not avoid piping up just because you have an unpopular opinion... Lord knows it rarely stops me :)

I can understand it would be a real bummer that the design of something you had high hopes for just didn't sit right... It is a lot of money to part with for something you don't really love.

That said, if you are cross-shopping McLarens, I am officially jealous :)

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 1277

I agree with you. The Emira interior is pretty bland.. We'll have to see what the production model looks like, but so far I'm disappointed in the seat design, steering wheel customization/supply issue, and lack of customizations available (white only ambient lighting, black only seatbelts, etc.). Simplistic is all good and fine, but I want refinement, quality, and some flare to make it look and feel like a $100k sports car.. not a Geely parts bin special.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, I'm holdong my judgment until I see it in person very soon. I knew going in that I wasn't going to like the stuck in screen, but I also realize it's what many manufacturers are doing these days. To me it's a cost savings application and a way to get a bigger screen in there.

As to the interior not being completely "finished," that may be true, however, it's also not going to be completely redesigned for th final spec. So... Basically what you see is what you get (minus some extra refinement). I'm hoping I won't be too bothered with the car as it sits and just know that the production car will be a little tidier.