2022 Audi RS3

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been following details on the new 2022 Audi RS3 for the last few months. A new video was released today claiming a 3.1sec 0-60 time! Pretty impressive for a four door family hauler!

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Those 5 cylinders are amazing! Not only do they sound good stock, but Unitronic's stage 2 ECU/TCU flash with basic bolt-ons runs low 10s in the quarter!! That's just insane for a 4 door sedan. There's even a fully built 1300WHP RS3 running 7s! o_O

Something about these turbo VW engines... there's just so much potential. I have a '17 GTI as a daily driver and have brought it to the track in stock from and after flashing Unitronic stage 1+ ECU/TCU tunes. It's just a beast.. a simple $600 tune unlocked +100HP/+89TQ! AND it's reliable and daily driven for the past few years with zero issues... AND averages 37MPG on the highway. It certainly makes the Emira's torque seem a little pathetic @ 310 when my $26k Golf makes 310HP/347TQ with a simple stage 1+ 93 octane reflash. :rolleyes:

Unitronic-Stage1plus-20TSI-MQB-1.jpg

Last edited:

boozyjay

Reaction score
I owned a current generation TTRS that I sold a few months ago. I didn't get on with how it drove as it was a bit of a blunt instrument, but it had a lovely interior and it went like absolute stink. I never got bored of the acceleration. It would do 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds and 0-100 in 8 seconds all day long. I sold it as I was hardly using it and wanted something that was a bit more interesting to drive - the TTRS steering wasn't the most intuitive. It was a good all weather weapon though and the sound was amazing.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
LOVE ❤ my VAG cars, but have never really wanted to just take them out for a blast at the weekend. Even the best ones were a little too numb or a little too good... Still have my Corrado VR6 tho that I'm about to give a freshen up to after 21 years of ownership. That's a pretty cool car, can't beat a V6 manual oh hang on looks like I've gone full circle 😁

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ooof 51 THOUSAND POUNDS as well basic. Surely that makes a base Emira look like value no? 🤔 🤣

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
LOVE ❤ my VAG cars, but have never really wanted to just take them out for a blast at the weekend. Even the best ones were a little too numb or a little too good... Still have my Corrado VR6 tho that I'm about to give a freshen up to after 21 years of ownership. That's a pretty cool car, can't beat a V6 manual oh hang on looks like I've gone full circle 😁
Likewise. Tried a number over the years. First being a Scirocco GT, Seat Ibiza GTI, Corrado VR6, impressed you still own yours! Mk6 Golf GTI and a few less interesting ones.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Likewise. Tried a number over the years. First being a Scirocco GT, Seat Ibiza GTI, Corrado VR6, impressed you still own yours! Mk6 Golf GTI and a few less interesting ones.
Wow Scirocco GT, nice car at the time 😍 don't see many now! I couldn't sell the Corrado, it properly got under my skin as my first sports car and was/is a truly great drive. Plus it sounded like this... 🤗🤩

boozyjay

Reaction score
I owned two Corrado's, a 16v in 1990 then had a new VR6 in blackberry in 1994. I loved the VR6 and went to look at a minter last year. When I drove it I was so disappointed though, it wasn't how I remembered. I drove home without buying it, nearly in tears!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I owned two Corrado's, a 16v in 1990 then had a new VR6 in blackberry in 1994. I loved the VR6 and went to look at a minter last year. When I drove it I was so disappointed though, it wasn't how I remembered. I drove home without buying it, nearly in tears!
Was it just a bit tired. Or did you just not love it anymore 😥

boozyjay

Reaction score
Was it just a bit tired. Or did you just not love it anymore 😥

No it was really tidy, but the crisp gearchange I remembered was awful, the taut steering heavy, the V6 rumble was not what I thought it was and It drove like an old car because it was old, and was an old design from the late 80's,. It was really tiny too, and I guess I let my emotions get the better of me.. I shouldn't have gone there to buy it, I should have left it in the past. It wasn't the cars fault, it was me, I was gutted.. Shame as the Corrado VR6 is my all time favourite. It taught me a lesson though - don't by the cars of your youth, they will be rubbish...

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Some of my first cars were the Mk1 and Mk2 Scirocco Storms . Great cars and would have loved a Corrado VR6