2 different ride heights?

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Watched the Carfection video and Gavin talks about a touring vs sport chassis set up. Then the section with Russell shows a silver Emira in the background with what looks like a larger wheel gap in this car. Could this be the touring set up?
8A733548-D0EF-4725-9B4A-5FE888C9EE35.jpeg

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The grey car Jenson drove also had a higher suspension than the blue show car which is vey low!

Stsainj

Reaction score
Don’t think you can make any conclusions with the silver model. Likely a prototype or even a clay model.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve noticed this and wondered about it for a long time now. Some have said that they dropped the blue car as it’s a press car that’s meant to drum up interest, but that production cars will be the height of the grey one that Jenson us driven. To my knowledge, the touring and sport suspensions will by the same height.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve noticed this and wondered about it for a long time now. Some have said that they dropped the blue car as it’s a press car that’s meant to drum up interest, but that production cars will be the height of the grey one that Jenson us driven. To my knowledge, the touring and sport suspensions will by the same height.
That's right. Blue car is a show car and lower - you can see the wheels don't fill the arches as neatly as the grey car. The grey car is the first pre-production prototype and more representative of the final car.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lots of insightful comments above, and the car does look better sitting lower but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Lotus tend to design their cars with a decent bit of suspension travel, and having it too low limits this. Having said that, there is every chance the pre-production grey car does not exactly match where the production cars will sit.

So, like everything else we all love to speculate on just now, we'll just need to wait and see! All part of the fun and it's the closest I have felt for a long time to that feeling of waiting for Christmas when I was a kid.

JPS_67

Reaction score
That's right. Blue car is a show car and lower - you can see the wheels don't fill the arches as neatly as the grey car. The grey car is the first pre-production prototype and more representative of the final car.
It would be nice to make it adjustable. I have my Elise adjusted somewhat higher to avoid the contact with speedbumps. With an Emira the same adjustment in height has to be done before I can drive it home. :(