• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION SOS Function?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just got a message that popped up on my dash saying I need to activate or deactivate the SOS feature. When I checked the manual, it says contact your retailer. I contacted the dealer and they said it's a separate contract Lotus has with a cell service provider, and not something the dealer handles. So is this like an ONSTAR type of service? Anybody else have this message pop up?

This one? I’ve only gotten this as a few other forums members have too.
IMG_2930.jpeg

Yes. Has anybody figured out who "the service center" is and how to contact them?
My dealer told me it’s a known software issue that doesn’t have a fix right now. Apparently the sos has its own separate battery that needs charging and when it gets low it gives you that message. It only gets charge when the engine is running lol (which is why it does away after driving a bit)

My dealer told me it’s a known software issue that doesn’t have a fix right now. Apparently the sos has its own separate battery that needs charging and when it gets low it gives you that message. It only gets charge when the engine is running lol (which is why it does away after driving a bit)
My battery seems to only hold charge for about 18 hours. If I've run enough for a charge, then stop engine and restart, the triangle remains. If I turn it off for a few minutes to let the whole car "shut down" it won't reappear. Like getting gas, food, etc.

While driving around today the yellow triangle disappeared, so I guess that means the SOS battery finally got charged up. Good enough.